• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Makes you think
11-01-2016, 04:02 AM,
Off Topic  Makes you think
Greetings all, 

I have been ministering to a member of my congregation this week.  One week ago, I got to sit with him and talk.  Saturday he slipped into 'transition,' as the hospice folks call it.  Today he rests with Jesus.  

You know, we love to push our pixels around and talk about battles long and far away.  This man served.  Joined in '42 at age 22.  Trained in US Army as artilleryman.  Worked an 8" howitzer in Europe for Patton's 3rd Army.  Was within a day of sailing for Japan when Hiroshima got hit.   Just not too many of those guys left - brave souls all.  

Monday he was able to tell me of some his service, but those guys are all mostly very humble.  To think:  Sunday mornings, he woud stand and salute me because of my commissioned service!   And the debt of gratitude I owe to him and his compatriots for their sacrifice in World War II. 

Perhaps you might say a prayer or lift a glass in memory of Bob Christen, and remember him and the many, many like him when you call in that off-board arty mission in Eagles Strike!  S A L U T E ! ! ! 

Steve
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2016, 06:53 AM,
RE: Makes you think
Mortar

Thanks Steve. Well said and very thoughtful.
11-01-2016, 07:51 AM,
Cheers Pirates 

Salute
11-01-2016, 10:25 AM,
Amen Steve! We owe a lot to our Vets!!!!
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."