• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

map differences
10-30-2016, 12:38 AM,
map differences
has anyone noticed that the maps posted on the Tiller site are different than the current game map files.
I noticed that railroad hexes in particular were missing in the area of the D-1 exit on my game map.

Are there other differences as well?
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2016, 02:02 AM,
RE: map differences
(10-30-2016, 12:38 AM)dukemat Wrote: has anyone noticed that the maps posted on the Tiller site are different than the current game map files.
I noticed that railroad hexes in particular were missing in the area of the D-1 exit on my game map.

Are there other differences as well?

From the patch 1.01 Readme file;

Map Changes
    - Alternate small map graphics included
    - Heavy Bridge removed from hex (85,108)
    - Medium Bridges added at (242,198) and (246,197)
    - Small Bridges added at (232,199), (236,203) & (237,204)
    - All rail bridges converted to small bridges to reflect their poor ability to carry vehicles.
    - Numerous place name updates
    - Rail lines removed as per the below. Thanks to Chris Haigh who did all the research here. Most of these were tramways and were in the actual adjacent road - most closed before the war;
 - Isigny - Grandcamp - St Laurent - Le Molay/Littry - Balleroy - (Closed 1929)
     - Balleroy - Bayeaux (only shown on map going as far as Subles) - (Closed 1930)
     - Balleroy - St Martin des Basacres (358,337) - Closed (1930)
     - Bayeaux - Ryes - Arromanches - (Closed 1930/1)
     - Ryes - Courseulles - (Closed 1931)
     - Luc sur Mer - Ouistreham - Benouville - Caen (shown only going as far as Blainville) - (Closed 1944)
     - Pont de Ranville (actually Benouville crossing Pegasus bridge!) - Dives - (Closed 1932)
     - Caen (west station) - Potigny (547,336) - Falaise - (Closed 1932/3)

For Patch 1.02 there will be extensive map changes again driven by Chris Haigh. More on that to follow.

David
Quote this message in a reply