• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battles of Normandy reinforcements
10-20-2016, 11:26 PM,
Battles of Normandy reinforcements
Is there any way to have the reinforcements arrive with one click?

Why does the player have to cycle through stacks and stacks of arriving ships and landing craft and airborne units.

That just doesn't make sense to me. Why doesn't the game engine just place ALL reinforcements on the map all at once.

In my other Tiller games (Civil War and Nappy), reinforcements arrive all at once with one click.

I would think that this part of the game would be a show stopper for a lot of gamers.
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2016, 08:23 PM,
RE: Battles of Normandy reinforcements
(10-20-2016, 11:26 PM)dukemat Wrote: Is there any way to have the reinforcements arrive with one click?

Why does the player have to cycle through stacks and stacks of arriving ships and landing craft and airborne units.

That just doesn't make sense to me. Why doesn't the game engine just place ALL reinforcements on the map all at once.

In my other Tiller games (Civil War and Nappy), reinforcements arrive all at once with one click.

I would think that this part of the game would be a show stopper for a lot of gamers.

It's been requested and we will be looking at it, but probably not for the next patch that is planned.

David
10-21-2016, 11:05 PM,
(10-21-2016, 08:23 PM)Strela Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 11:26 PM)dukemat Wrote: Is there any way to have the reinforcements arrive with one click?

It's been requested and we will be looking at it, but probably not for the next patch that is planned.

David

Thank you for answering......great game.

I currently have two pbem games in process. I am a long time Tiller fan and usually only play the Civil War/ Nappy games.

I noticed that during landings that defending units do not seem to prioritise their targets. I would think defenders would shoot at those closest to them. I have noticed that the defender will even shoot at empty landing craft that are leaving.
Seems strange that defenders would not shoot at guys who were the most dangerous and pretty much forget about those far away.
10-22-2016, 02:08 AM,
(10-21-2016, 11:05 PM)dukemat Wrote: [quote pid='415977' dateline='1477045430']
I currently have two pbem games in process. I am a long time Tiller fan and usually only play the Civil War/ Nappy games.

I noticed that during landings that defending units do not seem to prioritise their targets. I would think defenders would shoot at those closest to them. I have noticed that the defender will even shoot at empty landing craft that are leaving.
Seems strange that defenders would not shoot at guys who were the most dangerous and pretty much forget about those far away.

[/quote]

In Panzer Battles there is automatic (unlimited) defensive fire. What that means is that it is all AI controlled and based on a range of factors including type of weapon, target type and range. With low grade infantry and a range of AT guns I'm not surprised that you're seeing variability. The AT guns will tend to try and prioritise the bigger targets (including landing craft) before hitting infantry which they are relatively poor at damaging. Be happy that the Germans are not A or B morale. little would get off the beaches.

One other aside - shooting up (full) landing craft should be a priority for the Germans. We deliberately set them up that you essentially lose a platoon of tanks/men if a landing craft goes down. A number of those kinds of hits can be devastating for the Allies.

David

Ps Thanks for buying our game - we're proud of what we have done with the series and there is a lot more to come!