• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who's playing Middle East
10-01-2016, 01:43 PM,
Who's playing Middle East
Curious to know who's playing Middle East and what are your thoughts.

It's taken some getting used to for me, but I'm liking it more and more. My biggest shortfall was playing it like a WWII game, but that's a mistake. The weapons are much more lethal and the anti-tank stuff is actually effective. I wasted my saggers initially, but now they're one of my favorite units, at least when they're mine and when they're not I try to knock them off early. I'm still hitting F2 a lot, but not as much as I did in the beginning.

Still a rookie.  Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 04:11 PM,
RE: Who's playing Middle East
I am, obviously Helmet Smile

I have found out my sweet spot is the 1980's battlefield, a deadly place, where infantry teams can again be such an asset, armed with AA AT missiles. With the EFoW LoS rule changed, the Helos are such a crucial part for battlefield awareness, if you can keep them flying that is.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-01-2016, 06:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016, 06:44 PM by Big Ivan.)
I'm having lots of fun with it! Big Grin

Been in the CSME tourney and have played a few ladder games too. In fact just finished Day of the Centurion and started Advantage Jiradi. Been tinkering around with scenario designs, already have one in the blitz data base and working on a couple of more. Should be there soon.
Can't get enough of the Six Day War scenarios, my favorite period of all the conflicts! But sorry to say I haven't tried one of the LCG yet, but I have toyed around with the random generator.

CSME is a great game in the series with all the new enhancements it has brought to the CS engine. Can't wait to see what the development team does with the 'Nam and new WWII East Front renditions.

ItB Cigar5
10-02-2016, 02:01 AM,
I'm playing and trading shots with Ivan. Just stated one, our third I think. Win or lose, Israelis rock! I also look forward to Vietnam. Even more since they said there would be scenarios with the French and U.S.. I don't think it would hurt too many feelings to do a Modern with NATO/WP or even something similar to Steel Panthers where you can have different years and all countries available to fight each other. Other than those mentioned above, there is not a lot of area left to expand to.

One of my biggest things is to make sure you keep in line with the details on the 3d looking icons. CS has been tops about that. Great details and never a doubt as to what vehicle you are looking at.

I think it was also a great addition of showing trucks with full canvas while loaded and no canvas when unloaded. That way means one doesn't have to click or go over every single truck to see if it is loaded or not.
10-02-2016, 02:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016, 02:30 AM by Jason Petho.)
Quote:I think it was also a great addition of showing trucks with full canvas while loaded and no canvas when unloaded.  That way means one doesn't have to click or go over every single truck to see if it is loaded or not.

Ah yes, good suggestion.

I'll see about including a few for 1.03.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
10-02-2016, 04:10 AM,
"One of my biggest things is to make sure you keep in line with the details on the 3d looking icons. CS has been tops about that. Great details and never a doubt as to what vehicle you are looking at".

Thanks very much for that, I try to do my best!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-02-2016, 09:26 PM,
(10-01-2016, 01:43 PM)Scud Wrote: Curious to know who's playing Middle East and what are your thoughts.

It's taken some getting used to for me, but I'm liking it more and more. My biggest shortfall was playing it like a WWII game, but that's a mistake. The weapons are much more lethal and the anti-tank stuff is actually effective. I wasted my saggers initially, but now they're one of my favorite units, at least when they're mine and when they're not I try to knock them off early. I'm still hitting F2 a lot, but not as much as I did in the beginning.

Still a rookie.  Smile

Dave

IMHO, it's the best in the series.
Send this user an email
10-03-2016, 03:22 PM,
I love this game so much fun. I enjoy the lethality of it. Turn a corner get your tank blown up by a sagger its great :)Had to take a break from PBEM for a little while but I am really getting an itch to return. I think I got more play out of this title then any of my other recent Wargaming purchases.
10-03-2016, 06:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 06:59 PM by Crossroads.)
(10-03-2016, 03:22 PM)Aces8 Wrote: I love this game so much fun. I enjoy the lethality of it. Turn a corner get your tank blown up by a sagger its great :)Had to take a break from PBEM for a little while but I am really getting an itch to return. I think I got more play out of this title then any of my other recent Wargaming purchases.

I am for fun creating a new Tournament set of four scenarios, depicting a hypothetical British 1985 incursion to Sirte after Gaddafi had claimed the Gulf of Sidre as Libyan territorial waters, and sunk a couple of British merchants to make the point. 

A UK Para Bn, with two Milan teams per Platoon per their TO&A, supported by one Chieftain Squadron of four troops, with a couple of Gunships in their support, vs elements of an Libyan mechanised Bde with T-72s left right and middle. 

Testing it with Hot Seat play, I just can't get close to Sirte as Libyan player, over the open. What utter mayhem! More helos for them, that will do it, but not easy to get close with British Javelin teams hiding in the city as well. 

Whip
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-04-2016, 01:32 AM,
Me and Ivan have been talking a little bit about random generated scenarios. Can they be played by email if the map, oob and scn file are copied and sent to opp? Sounds good to me that if one is generated say Israeli arm div vs Syrian or Egyptian arm div, meeting engagement. I started a few of those in EF/WF before and the units usually arrived by companies over a few turns and bns are scattered. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that with objectives being determined by tourney staff like giving certain things x amount of points, but players don't know how much they are worth and where they are at. Staff would say this hills is 25 points, this other hill is 100 points, town 500, whatever. Players have to determine what they think is important and send forces accordingly. Points are revealed at the end. Players only have the map to consider. That could be done for anything and any country as long as forces are available for them.