• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Napoleonic Battles - Campaign Marengo released
09-10-2016, 04:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2016, 07:36 AM by Compass Rose.)
News  Napoleonic Battles - Campaign Marengo released
Attention!
JTS just published "Napoleonic Battles - Campaign Marengo".
Responsible for it is Bill Peters the maker of most of the Napoleonic Battles games.
Herewith a new gate is pushed open because it's a title that takes place in what is usually called the Revolutionary Wars (1792-1802), it's not in the classic & till now covered time of the Napoleonic Wars (1803-1815).
But have no fear Napoleon is still in it!

[Image: CampaignMarengo.jpg]
[Image: 2D-N-Marengo-Village-1.png]
[Image: 2D-N-Rivoli.png]
[Image: 3D-N-Dego.png]

Take a look here:
http://johntillersoftware.com/Napoleonic...rengo.html
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2016, 06:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2016, 06:50 AM by Sgt_Rock.)
RE: Napoleonic Battles - Campaign Marengo released
For you fans of the Russian army - Marshall Suvorov and the Russian army make their appearance in the 1799 battles!

From Massena's key victory at Loano in 1795 to Bonparte's great victory at Marengo ... the game will have something for everone.

Six campaign files cover the major operations of the Northern Italian campaigns.

New terrain artwork included!

Fight the major operations of Castiglione or Arcole to relieve Mantua on the massive "Quadrilateral Extended" map (1033 x 606 hexes) or one of the battle scenarios.

Marengo is easily my most balanced scenario I have designed.

Kudos to all involved: graphics guys, playtesters, review team, Rich Hamilton, and especially John Tiller who never gave up hope that I would prevail against my semi-homeless condition and finish this one!

Enjoy guys! :)
09-10-2016, 07:37 AM,
[Image: 88c44f288fhooray8.gif][Image: 1ba989f20aconfetti.gif][Image: f2fddb64efparty-103.gif]
09-10-2016, 08:54 AM,
Thanks Compass Rose for adding some picture to my post.
09-11-2016, 01:01 AM,
For all of those who may be interested in checking them out, all of the Campaign Marengo scenarios have been uploaded to the Blitz data base.

The scenario listing can be found here:

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/jts-...s&game=186
09-11-2016, 03:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 03:09 AM by Sgt_Rock.)
For scenario 118. Battle of Marengo - Additional Forces - there is a reference to special rules in the Scenario Description. Please ignore this reference. At one point I was going to add in Special Rules but decided against it. I forgot to remove the reference to the Special Rules. Thanks to Giovanni Colombo for pointing this out! :)

In the first update to the game I will add in a corrected scenario file.
09-11-2016, 03:53 AM,
Maybe one thing to have in mind for future titles is like in some nap mods made units.bmp have as unit image background the nation flag of the unit because in Marengo title like in others you could find units from one nation inside the army of other nation... here the problem is have as austrian rusian troops... if is not possible have them with diferent counters at least do the unit image background with nation flag.

Other good add could be add a symbol of unit class in the unit image... like add a NATO counter for infantry-cavalry-arty-engenier/sapper-supply.

I do here a fast edit to show this... i dont have the tools to cut the image of unit to paste behind it the flag... i add the small rusian flag from 2DSymbolsLg.bmp... and use NATO infantry symbol scaled from Volcanoman mods for Nap serie... here are great mods for Waterloo and other older titles and i think this help a lot improve the inmersion and dont miss important things.

[Image: UO0039.jpg]
09-17-2016, 08:37 AM,
I just received the following info from Bill Peters.

Please note that scenario "097_Casteggio-Montebello-V1_HTH.scn" should actually be named "097_Casteggio-Montebello-V1_SOLO.scn" as it is a SOLO scenario.

This scenario has been removed from our database.

If you are currently playing this scenario as a PBEM scenario, you will not get any credit for playing it as you will not be able to report the game.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks
09-17-2016, 08:47 PM,
Well, more i see what can offer the title more i like it, for me maybe the strong point is the type of battles... not specially big armies but with a lot of terrain to move them, arty value as recon is great and the elevated number of villages-buildings in battlefields help the use of skirmishers as "garrisons" to control certain map areas.

Maybe something i find strange in Marengo is that compared with the last titles released the lack of company level scens, some actions in game could be covered at company level.
09-18-2016, 10:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 10:09 PM by agmoss99.)
Thanks Chad for adding the scenarios to the database. Super-efficient!
Just downloaded the game and it looks good!!