• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MausMan 3D Terrain Graphics
10-29-2020, 10:32 PM,
RE: MausMan 3D Terrain Graphics
Thank you so much - I look forward to the RS one.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2021, 07:52 PM,
I have installed Mod for use in West Front ,use the Matrix Campaign Series version of game.

I have 3 separate mods ,
(1)WF 3D MausMan Graphics
(2)WF 3D MausMan Graphics Extra
(3)WF 3D Unit MausMan Graphics
I did place the contents of mod (2) and (3) inside a 'West Front' folder similar to how mod (1) is packaged since I thought that should be the folder structure (in case this matters).

My problem is
(a) Is there a particular install order as some files overlap and are overwritten when using JSGME.
(b)Map Graphics work fine,other than point (a) ,however the 3d units (which are really cool by the way and I love the look of them) do not replace all units. For example ,
2 and half ton US GMC
1 and half ton US GMC
M1 Bazooka Team (US)
FlakPz 38t (German)
Marder 3 (german)
all use original and not replaced Graphics.
Pretty sure this happens even if I only use (3)WF 3D Unit MausMan Graphics.

Should I do something else or is the Unit Mod incomplete -it is certainly playable as is btw ,just thought I would ask for clarification.
Thanks a lot for making the mod too - it does make the game for me much better.
11-26-2021, 03:53 AM,
(11-25-2021, 07:52 PM)Barly Wrote: I have installed Mod for use in West Front ,use the Matrix Campaign Series version of game.

I have 3 separate mods ,
(1)WF 3D MausMan Graphics
(2)WF 3D MausMan Graphics Extra
(3)WF 3D Unit MausMan Graphics
I did place the contents of mod (2) and (3) inside a 'West Front' folder similar to how mod (1) is packaged since I thought that should be the folder structure (in case this matters).

My problem is
(a) Is there a particular install order as some files overlap and are overwritten when using JSGME.
(b)Map Graphics work fine,other than point (a) ,however the 3d units (which are really cool by the way and I love the look of them) do not replace all units. For example ,
2 and half ton US GMC
1 and half ton US GMC
M1 Bazooka Team (US)
FlakPz 38t (German)
Marder 3 (german)
all use original and not replaced Graphics.
Pretty sure this happens even if I only use (3)WF 3D Unit MausMan Graphics.

Should I do something else or is the Unit Mod incomplete -it is certainly playable as is btw ,just thought I would ask for clarification.
Thanks a lot for making the mod too - it does make the game for me much better.

Hi Barly,

the mode (2), ..Graphic Extra, is not really a mod, so don't try to activate it, its just variations on some of the graphic files I swap-out from the 3d terrain modes for any particular scenario I happen to be playing. -Provides more options for look of mud, brown trees, more snow less snow, more leaves less, ect (Notice the game has no mud versions for paths). I've started dumping those in there, but you need to manually rename and switch files in the mode, then re activate 3d mode in order to see the change.

And right, on the unit mod (3) I converted many, but not all. I add them based on whatever scenario I'm playing. So, some day when I get around to playing all scenarios, all units will be converted for the mod. If you like them, then I'm certainly open to anyone else converting additional units and sharing. Its not hard, just pull or make a silhouette with the right background color, resize to appropriate size relative to what's on the over files.

I'll likely be posting another incremental update in the next day or two, since you got my attention.

Bill
11-26-2021, 08:58 AM,
Cool thanks for your prompt and informative answer.

Look forward to any new update.
12-02-2021, 08:47 PM,
New Question.

For Campaign Series Middle East.
Unit List Graphics Box.
Normally I assume the Unit List Graphics contains the 2D Counter Graphics.

Is it possible for example to have the Unit List Graphics show Nato Symbols and the 2D Map show 2D Counter Graphics not 2D Nato Symbols.

By using the 'CSME2unit3Dmod' I can get the 3D Map to show the 3D Counters and by choosing Nato Symbols for Counters(via Main Menu Bar) I can get Nato Symbols in the Unit List Graphics Box for my 3D Map.

I wanted something similar for the 2D Map.
(In another thread post I thought I had been able to do this but was maybe confused about which map mode I was in ,and I assume I did not get this happening).
Basically I want 2D Counters that show the normal Silhouette of my Tank or Infantryman on the 2D Map but in the Unit List Graphics Box (on top RHS of screen) I want Nato Symbols.{At present If I see my normal Silhouette 2D Counter the same image is present in the Unit List Graphics Box.}
Is this possible?
12-04-2021, 02:31 PM,
[attachment=5212 Wrote:Barly pid='447215' dateline='1638442036']New Question.

For Campaign Series Middle East.
Unit List Graphics Box.
Normally I assume the Unit List Graphics contains the 2D Counter Graphics.

Is it possible for example to have the Unit List Graphics show Nato Symbols and the 2D Map show 2D Counter Graphics not 2D Nato Symbols.

By using the    'CSME2unit3Dmod'    I can get the 3D Map to show the 3D Counters and by choosing Nato Symbols for Counters(via Main Menu Bar) I can get Nato Symbols in the Unit List Graphics Box for my 3D Map.

I wanted something similar for the 2D Map.
(In another thread post I thought I had been able to do this but was maybe confused about which map mode I was in ,and I assume I did not get this happening).
Basically I want 2D Counters that show the normal Silhouette of my Tank or Infantryman on the 2D Map but in the Unit List Graphics Box (on top RHS of screen) I want Nato Symbols.{At present If I see my normal Silhouette 2D Counter the same image is present in the Unit List Graphics Box.}
Is this possible?

Well if you look at where the 3d unit graphics are located under /graphics/units/ you have three folders: 2D holds the graphics for 2D map units (there are other mods available for these), 3Dxs holds the 3D map images which in my mod replaces them with the counter-like silhouette images. The 3D folder appears to hold the shadowed versions of the 3D images, and are used in the Unit List Graphics Box. So what I tinkered with in my mod was to allow 3D map to switch between silhouette image and nato symbol by toggling the shadow option. So I think what you're asking can work.. But what I did is far from complete.  see example:

Attached Files
.png   example.png (Size: 308.83 KB / Downloads: 15)
12-05-2021, 06:53 PM,
Thanks for your reply.

I did try editing a 2D file called icons8d22.bmp using Gimp. I am not very proficient with its functions but got a basic effect I am happy with by changing a Silhouette Israeli Infantry Man into a Nato Infantry crossed Rectangle . Pretty Happy it worked in game.

https://imgur.com/tcdK1Vf

I will muck around a bit more with the 2D files in near future.