• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Computer Issues
08-25-2016, 09:25 AM,
Feedback Needed  New Computer Issues
I just purchased a new desktop & installed JTCS & ME. Ran all updates. Tried to open the game. I get a message that simply states the program has stopped working & Windows will try & find a solution.

I simply do not know where to start on this one! Did anyone else have Window 10 issues? I was running Windows 10 on my old computer & had zero issues.

This sucks.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2016, 12:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 12:50 PM by Scud. Edit Reason: typo )
RE: New Computer Issues
(08-25-2016, 09:25 AM)RADO Wrote: I just purchased a new desktop & installed JTCS & ME. Ran all updates. Tried to open the game. I get a message that simply states the program has stopped working & Windows will try & find a solution.

I simply do not know where to start on this one! Did anyone else have Window 10 issues? I was running Windows 10 on my old computer & had zero issues.

This sucks.

Try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package for 32 bit or 64 bit, depending on your operating system (probably 64). It's been the solution for similar issues, but with error messages, not just a failed launch. Still, I have a feeling it will work:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...aspx?id=29

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-25-2016, 02:33 PM,
Also perhaps check your Antivirus software is not the one giving griefs. Maybe turn it off to try launching the game without it.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-25-2016, 09:51 PM,
(08-25-2016, 02:33 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Also perhaps check your Antivirus software is not the one giving griefs. Maybe turn it off to try launching the game without it.

Here's the problem and I am not alone. None of the fixes described here have worked yet:

Hell. The damn link won't post here. I'm about to give up.
Send this user an email
08-25-2016, 11:15 PM,
(08-25-2016, 09:51 PM)RADO Wrote: Here's the problem and I am not alone. None of the fixes described here have worked yet:

What do the logs/engine.log and logs/error.log say?
08-25-2016, 11:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 11:21 PM by Jason Petho.)
This is the error he mailed me:

Link to Error
Send this user an email
08-25-2016, 11:23 PM,
Well, it's not the game, it's the computer. Probably a corrupt driver. After getting the computer, what else have you installed?

The very first thing you should do before installing anything is run Windows update, then make a restore point or a backup. After that, install one piece of software at a time and test to make sure it opens. Also update the software if there are any updates. This way you can back out, uninstalling as you go when you have issues.

Sometimes running the event viewer and looking for errors will help narrow it down if it's a driver thing.

When you installed ME did you use the defaults?

Other things are more unlikely, but can happen, like faulty RAM.

Lastly, ton of good troubleshooting tips here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=64393.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-25-2016, 11:29 PM,
Also, what's the computer make/model.  Intel or AMD? What's it come with? What's the video card?
Send this user an email
08-25-2016, 11:48 PM,
(08-25-2016, 11:29 PM)Scud Wrote: Also, what's the computer make/model.  Intel or AMD? What's it come with? What's the video card?

We have had an act of Divine Intervention! I reran windows updates & then reinstalled the games. Everything now works. I have absolutely no idea what happened.
Jester
Send this user an email
08-25-2016, 11:58 PM,
"Gods Be Praised", as we Rome Total War fanboys say when another crushing victory for our brave legions over the barbarian hordes Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com