• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Introducing Wargame Design Studios
08-21-2016, 05:55 PM,
RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios
Congratulations, the new way to work with PzB sure is going to help keep serie moving forward not only in new material, is possible in future we see an interesting mutual retrofit between CS and PzBs with both engines improving each other.

The Demo for me is a great thing to help serie specially if like you said is going to be a test area... i imagine it like the free "franken title"... could be great have a "pay" title that work as base for solo actions that are unable to be covered in dedicated titles at the point is possible team can release polls to vote between X actions what we want see implemented.... new way to do things made this possible.

PzB3... i am divided, by interest i prefer Crusader but the presence of french units... Gazala or maybe El-Alamein??? well soon we are going to know it.

Lack of web... if there is something i "dislike" with Tiller titles is how many times you need search in diferent sites to fin the info... maybe select "official" sites where search info is necesary or at least release a blog where release info and link with info in other areas... a central area to have or find info.

Good luck and waiting more info.
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2016, 06:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 07:01 PM by wiggum.)
@ Wargame Design Studios

Also, i think you guys need to get new sounds into the game !
The old ones, used since ages are just bad and add nothing to the game in terms of immersion.
It should be no problem to get some generic gun and explosion sounds that are far better then the old ones.

Also, using a simple blog for information sounds like a good idea if you dont want to do setup the website just now.
I would give you the code (template) from my own blog, its simple and functional. You could literarily set it up in 5 minutes.
08-21-2016, 07:13 PM,
Brilliant news!  

thanks for the info

cheers Chris
08-21-2016, 09:15 PM,
Something i dont remember ask... with changes in UI... we are going to have scalable boxes to see OOB??? and in results... we are going to see a box similar to CS??? something like group casualties by type for example infantry-artillery-ATguns-guns-tanks-TDs-armored vehicles... i know you cant define in OOB now the kind of unit (is the same for game a panther company than a halftrack unit) but do something here... like a list of all the hardware in OOB with a value that define it as tank-AT gun etc etc.

Is not yet "soon"??? no??? well i ask in a few minutes  Big Grin2
08-21-2016, 10:18 PM,
(08-21-2016, 09:15 PM)Xaver Wrote: Something i dont remember ask... with changes in UI... we are going to have scalable boxes to see OOB??? and in results... we are going to see a box similar to CS??? something like group casualties by type for example infantry-artillery-ATguns-guns-tanks-TDs-armored vehicles... i know you cant define in OOB now the kind of unit (is the same for game a panther company than a halftrack unit) but do something here... like a list of all the hardware in OOB with a value that define it as tank-AT gun etc etc.

Is not yet "soon"??? no??? well i ask in a few minutes  Big Grin2

To everyone asking for new things......

Let me be clear, the user interface (UI) work currently being done is phase one. This is the 'easy stuff' that Berto knew how to do (quickly).

We will be doing a lot more around the user interface, but that is a broad topic including, physically controlling the game, selection and output as well as feedback and reporting.

We have to prioritise this next phase of UI work vs features required for new projects as well as things as mundane as the infrastructure for coding to reduce bugs etc.

We're listening to your requests and in many cases working on/planning out those items already. Just be aware that we have limited time/resources and it all comes down to prioritisation as we trade off improving existing games to publishing new projects.

As mentioned we want to hear your ideas, just understand that they will rarely (if ever) go to the top of the queue - but there is a queue!

David
08-21-2016, 10:20 PM,
And PS, yes we're excited that we can change and update the game code, just please be patient with us, there is method to the madness.....
08-21-2016, 10:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 10:48 PM by wiggum.)
I think thats the biggest thing ever happening to the (very old) Tiller engine since it was created.
Giving a bunch of enthusiasts the chance to actually make code changes themselves and pushing to engine (finally) forward into the present time !
Cant wait to throw my money at you guys !
08-22-2016, 04:17 AM,
I think that all here are very excited with the "evolution" for PzB related with the change in how release titles and this made us want more and more, to many good news, is like be a kid in christmas  Big Grin2

Take your time and work hard, sure PzB3 and demo are going to attract interest to the serie and you have his future now in your hands.

PD: not a little clue about PzB3??? i think is going to be Gazala or El Alamein because your avatar is a declaration of intentions  Wink
08-22-2016, 05:36 AM,
(08-21-2016, 05:55 PM)Xaver Wrote: Lack of web... if there is something i "dislike" with Tiller titles is how many times you need search in diferent sites to fin the info... maybe select "official" sites where search info is necesary or at least release a blog where release info and link with info in other areas... a central area to have or find info.
I strongly agree here, the biggest problem of JTS/HPS was always the lack of a single board that would have allowed to concentrate any feedback, mods, bug reports, suggestions, etc. and by that improve the engine considerably but allows bring a community together that allowed communication to every relevant topic. Almostz all other publishers do that as it is simply beneficial to the publishers and its games.
Now I understand if an own site isn't wanted at the moment, but at least choose 1-2 official boards so all interested know where to go to to keep track with and participate in development.

Now some questions:
1. Is the PB engine the only one currently licensed?
2. Do you plan to license more engines? If so which ones?
3. Will the UI work contain changes to ingame screens like OOB & strength dialogs? If so, some suggestions would be: open more than one, leaving them open while playing on map, resizing them, connecting them to the map by allow jumping to unit selected.
08-22-2016, 06:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2016, 06:52 AM by Lowlander.)
Any chance of adding 3D map views.
Would it be possible to use the PZC 3D graphics as a starting point, I really miss this mode when gaming.
John Tilliers Panzer Campaigns has been out for at least 20 years 3D and all !!!.