• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Introducing Wargame Design Studios
08-21-2016, 02:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 02:47 AM by wiggum.)
RE: Introducing Wargame Design Studios
About the height elevations overlay:

I would consider a heat map overlay (hex or hexsides change color when turned on, or shading over the hex) instead of the little white numbers.
So blue (0m -50m) -> green (50m-100m) -> yellow (100m-150m) -> orange (150-200m) -> red (200m-300m) -> violet (300m - x)
Or something similar.

With this you can easily spot height ground without the need to look at all those tiny white numbers.
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2016, 02:40 AM,
This is good news. Looking forward to the new stuff.
08-21-2016, 02:52 AM,
(08-21-2016, 02:34 AM)wiggum Wrote: About the height elevations overlay:

I would consider a heat map overlay (hex or hexsides change color when turned on, or shading over the hex) instead of the little white numbers.
So blue (0m -50m) -> green (50m-100m) -> yellow (100m-150m) -> orange (150-200m) -> red (200m-300m) -> violet (300m - x)
Or something similar.

With this you can easily spot height ground without the need to look at all those tiny white numbers.

+1
08-21-2016, 03:25 AM,
This is very exciting!
Will those of us who purchased the games from John Tiller Software be able to patch them with the new updates?
08-21-2016, 03:30 AM,
(08-21-2016, 03:25 AM)Duncan Wrote: This is very exciting!
Will those of us who purchased the games from John Tiller Software be able to patch them with the new updates?

Quote:All actual game releases will go through John Tiller's site. He is now essentially a publisher for all the content we generate, so we will continue to use his site for launch and distribution of any future games.
08-21-2016, 04:46 AM,
(08-21-2016, 01:25 AM)Strela Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 01:16 AM)fastphil Wrote: Do you have a website yet?

Not yet - not much to show.

We prefer to frequent sites like the Blitz rather than host our own forums.

Our released titles will all be up on John's site and any hints/tease/news will come through sites like here or Grogheads etc.

We do have a domain name registered so can host a website if the time is right.

David

Thanks, that works.  Big Grin
08-21-2016, 11:20 AM,
Wow, great news! Definitely looking forward to the UI improvements. Berto has done a great job with CS so I expect it will be the same with PB.

Now that you have the source, are there any plans to release the map editor or is that still going to be strictly a dev tool?
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
08-21-2016, 11:32 AM,
(08-21-2016, 11:20 AM)Pinetree Wrote: Wow, great news! Definitely looking forward to the UI improvements. Berto has done a great job with CS so I expect it will be the same with PB.

Now that you have the source, are there any plans to release the map editor or is that still going to be strictly a dev tool?

The map editor will continue to be a Dev tool.

The Demo is where you will see a lot of new content - this is being done deliberately to allow us to release new 'actions' on a more regular basis.

It's important for us to maintain sufficient quality and keeping control of the map editor allows us to review all requests and potential submissions.

I'm confident that people will understand why once we have a little more work released.

David
08-21-2016, 12:29 PM,
No worries, while I'd like to make my own maps, I can't complain about the quality of the official ones so far. :)
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
08-21-2016, 12:32 PM,
(08-21-2016, 12:29 PM)Pinetree Wrote: No worries, while I'd like to make my own maps, I can't complain about the quality of the official ones so far. :)

Let us know what you're looking for - we may include it/have it already...! Helmet Wink

David