• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzB terrain in PzCampaigns
08-19-2016, 10:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2016, 07:22 AM by Warhorse.)
This Just In  PzB terrain in PzCampaigns
Mods removed due to legal reasons. Sorry folks!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2016, 12:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 12:36 PM by Don Czirr.)
RE: PzB terrain in PzCampaigns
I think this is excellent looking.

But then again I am perhaps the only one that preferred the JTS wave 2 maps over the Jison maps.

Jison's stuff was tighter and more professional but I thought the JTS wave 2 (kind of similar to PB) feels more "organic" and has richer / deeper colors.

Anyways ... hope you get the opportunity to continue. Nice work.
Send this user an email
08-19-2016, 07:28 PM,
(08-19-2016, 10:25 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I saw recently someone asking , or rather wishing for the type of terrain in Pzbattles, in Pzcampaigns titles. This is a rough draft, and not sure I have the time even to pursue it, but I like it, and might just do it. It just takes some time, about 2 hours tonight already. Pretty cool, though...

Kharhov '42-

Very nice Warhorse.

An important question/distinction - is this mod for the HPS version or the JTS version? I'm guessing the HPS due to the lack of raised hills etc? Unfortunately, the different version have different sized hexes and can't work on ths same mod graphics - just something to be aware of.

David
08-20-2016, 12:50 AM,
I was the one asking if the 2d view of raised elevations would be introduced to other series like PzCs/MCs, SBs and ACW. It would be so much better tan the flat maps and 3d view in PzCs. I would figure make a master file of all the map tiles and put the whole thing in every game. Somehow, I doubt it is that easy now, though. Sure would nice, though.
08-20-2016, 04:22 AM,
It has to be for HPS only as the latest JTS patches for Moscow 42 & Kharkov 43 have introduced PB graphics.
Personally I dislike them a lot because PB is a tactical game while PC is an operational game. Having for example villages with 5 very different depictions might be OK for a tactical game for I have only small maps but in an operational game it just makes life a lot harder if you have a dozen villages alone on a part of the map that all look different and you have to wonder if those are villages, towns, cities or whatever else.

That is why players are usually use the Map Mod, because that mod simply makes reading the map easier and it does look better than stock. The First World War series uses the Map Mod as stock graphics for EP 14 and has patched them into F14, by that one can see how high the Map Mod was regarded. Why PC didn't do the same but changed to PB graphics is beyond my understanding because it just makes playing the games harder and not easier, the later should have been the clear goal of a graphic change.

I made a mod( https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid413441 ) especially for Moscow 42 & Kharkov 43 to make sure that the original Map Mods for those games can still be used. This had to be done as the change to using the PB graphics also changed graphics layout of some files and by that made the original Map Mod incompatible.
08-20-2016, 08:16 AM,
(08-19-2016, 07:28 PM)Strela Wrote:
(08-19-2016, 10:25 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I saw recently someone asking , or rather wishing for the type of terrain in Pzbattles, in Pzcampaigns titles. This is a rough draft, and not sure I have the time even to pursue it, but I like it, and might just do it. It just takes some time, about 2 hours tonight already. Pretty cool, though...

Kharhov '42-

Very nice Warhorse.

An important question/distinction - is this mod for the HPS version or the JTS version? I'm guessing the HPS due to the lack of raised hills etc? Unfortunately, the different version have different sized hexes and can't work on ths same mod graphics - just something to be aware of.

David

Yes, David, for the HPS variety! If I pursue it, I will most likely make a definite distinction between city, village as Big Duke pointed out. The hexes I sampled were very much bigger 76x62 as opposed to the PzC 37x32.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-20-2016, 08:17 PM,
(08-20-2016, 08:16 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(08-19-2016, 07:28 PM)Strela Wrote:

Kharhov '42-

Very nice Warhorse.

David

Yes, David, for the HPS variety! If I pursue it, I will most likely make a definite distinction between city, village as Big Duke pointed out. The hexes I sampled were very much bigger 76x62 as opposed to the PzC 37x32.

Warhorse,

Have a look at the 'small graphics' that were released with the Normandy 1.01 patch.

They would be more appropriate to base your work off for a Panzer Campaigns mod.

David
08-20-2016, 09:59 PM,
Nice, same scale with the 2d50 in the small folder, I missed that! Really like this series (Pz Battles), am enjoying the Dragoon Guards Campaign right now as well!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-21-2016, 09:41 PM,
(08-20-2016, 04:22 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: That is why players are usually use the Map Mod, because that mod simply makes reading the map easier and it does look better than stock. The First World War series uses the Map Mod as stock graphics for EP 14 and has patched them into F14, by that one can see how high the Map Mod was regarded. Why PC didn't do the same but changed to PB graphics is beyond my understanding because it just makes playing the games harder and not easier, the later should have been the clear goal of a graphic change.

Gents:  Smoke7

I agree.

The last four PzC titles I purchased - Bulge 44, Tunisia 43, El Alamein 42 and Tobruk 41, I installed the Map Mod.   Smile

Map Mod renders clean, lighter toned terrain with distinctive features - e.g. players know at a glance what terrain occupies a hex... and is MUCH easier on the eye... especially in these operational games where players need to stare for hours at the map! Military2   

I will echo what many other PzC players have stated... Why doesn't John Tiller, at the very least, replace the PzC stock terrain graphics with Map Mod and make it the default graphics out of the box?  Idea2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-21-2016, 10:07 PM,
I like the Map Mod just fine, I use that too, but that's the nice thing about JSGME, very easy to swap out files with a few clicks, if one doesn't want to use a certain mod, they don't have to, since nothing is overwritten! I'm just not a boardgame look type of guy, even with CSME, I made my own terrain mod, as I like a little more life, my preference. If someone likes it, they can use it too, if not, either don't use it, or don't download it! Options!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue