• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blowing Bridges
07-12-2016, 08:34 AM,
Help  Blowing Bridges
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with scenario 01 Blowing Bridges from Danube Front 85? The scenario starts with NATO Engineer units in travel mode on each of the 3 bridge hexes that are to be blown. I have read and re-read the user manual many times and have followed the criteria of having the EUs adjacent to the bridge, not in travel mode, not disrupted and not moving or digging in previous or present turns.
I select the damage bridge/AT ditch option and I get a error saying that no valid bridge or AT ditch is adjacent to hotspot (my EU).
To humor myself, I click on the bridge hex and in the middle bridge only I do get a hexside option of damage but when I press enter I then get an error of no valid engineer unit chosen to damage bridge.
I have played this scenario @4 times and each time I just cannot destroy these bridges that are integral to this scenario.
Can anyone give advice on how to destroy a bridge in general or perhaps someone who has DF85 can shine some light on where I am going wrong?
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2016, 09:02 AM,
RE: Blowing Bridges
The started mentions this scenario. Basically, it refers you to the User manual, which describes the steps to prepare and then attempt to blow a full hex bridge as in this scenario. Copied from there:

A Full-Hex Bridge is one that spans a Water hex. It is possible for Engineer units to attempt to damage a Full-Hex Bridge, but it involves a multi-step process:
1. In Travel Mode, the Engineer unit must first move onto the bridge.
2. In the next turn, the Engineer unit can use the Bridge Operations command to begin wiring the bridge for demolition.
3. When the Bridge Operations complete, the bridge is shown as Wired in the Terrain Info Box indicating that it is wired for demolition.
4. At this point the Engineer unit can move off the bridge and occupy an adjacent hex. The Engineer unit should also change into Deployed Mode at this point.
5. At any subsequent turn, the Engineer can attempt to blow the bridge by using the Damage Bridge or AT Ditch command. The program will determine the success or failure of this attempt using the standard bridge damage pro
[Image: exercise.png]
07-13-2016, 04:35 AM,
RE: Blowing Bridges
Yeah I see that further down now. I was looking a couple of pages up at Bridge Damage.
Thanks Ricky B!!