• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Wishlist
06-01-2018, 03:37 AM,
RE: CS Wishlist
This may have been covered before but just thought of this: infantry able to engage enemy armor from across a dark blue river hexside (i.e. cannot cross without a ford or bridge).
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2018, 01:40 AM,
Whip TEEHEE Sorry, missed this earlier. You’d wish! Nothing to do with the current PBEM , right
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-13-2018, 12:10 AM,
The choice between the new tool bar look or the classic look. I saw it in one of the systems I have, just don't remember which one. If not in this one, would be nice to have it back.
10-19-2018, 01:52 AM,
Hello Blitz Members:

I was wondering if anyone has suggested a "weary veteran" type of unit. It would be along the lines of the Green, Normal, Veteran lines. This type of unit would represent the Vets who decided they might actually survive the war, and started acting accordingly.

I was thinking good firepower like any other vet, but with a low morale and/or assault value.

Just spitballing...as usual...

Regards,

Dan
10-19-2018, 02:58 PM,
Any thought about adding pavement/tarmac to the full hex terrain menu? There are some instances where we have pavement that extends over a 250 meter area. Say I wanted to invade the Red Square in Moscow for instance? Also many other cities of course have parade grounds, plazas, etc.
10-19-2018, 06:38 PM,
(10-19-2018, 01:52 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hello Blitz Members:

I was wondering if anyone has suggested a "weary veteran" type of unit.  It would be along the lines of the Green, Normal, Veteran lines.  This type of unit would represent the Vets who decided they might actually survive the war, and started acting accordingly.

I was thinking good firepower like any other vet, but with a low morale and/or assault value.

Just spitballing...as usual...

Regards,

Dan

So this unit would be known as a unit that someone opened a can of "Whoop-ass" on and after the smoke cleared they were still standing or am I in error. Interesting concept though Dan.

Definitely is an option for the SS, Japanese and British. I noticed throughout the war it seemed that when someone opened a can of "Whoop-ass" on the SS, Japanese and British, they would stand there, collect their "s**t", pickup their ammo and guns and get on with business having been invigorated by the experience! Truly the Vets of the Vets. cheers
10-20-2018, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 10:49 AM by Dan Caviness.)
Hey John:

Nice to hear from you.

The idea was inspired by some reading I was doing while researching my new "Villers Bocage" scenario.

I can't say with any certainty about the Brits, Japanese, or even the German SS but in the American Army it was a well known condition.  Some Veteran units became less effective towards the end of the war...simply because they realized..."Hey!  We might actually survive this war...don't get shot now!"

I believe most of our lads sailed off into the Atlantic or the Pacific with the attitude of "I'm going to die.  It's only a question of when".  Others soldiers stated it was about the only way to conquer their fears and get on with the business at hand, which was killing, and dying.

As the end of the war drew near, some of those fortunate enough to still be alive started avoiding risk when and where possible.

In parallel...there has always been the dilution factor where units lose their most accomplished soldiers only to have them replaced with raw recruits.  A quote comes to mind...but I can't tell you who said it...something an officer said...I think it was a British officer..."All the best men died straightaway..."

Just pontificating here John...I could create a "weary vet" by using the current VET units and lowering their morale...so this is kind of a "non-problem"...

Regards,

Dan
10-20-2018, 04:56 PM,
(10-20-2018, 10:46 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: -snip- 

Just pontificating here John...I could create a "weary vet" by using the current VET units and lowering their morale...so this is kind of a "non-problem"...

Regards,

Dan

I was going to suggest this as well  Helmet Smile

With the new game engine, you can also drive the morale up and down with the Event Engine, so depending how'd you wanted it, you could start with a low(wish) morale, and if something happens, like they lose a key objective, or a certain unit is annihillated, they get the fires in their bellies up again. All while enjoying a higher fire efficiency that has been modeled in platoon data, like being able to perform three fire missions per turn etc.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-21-2018, 05:59 AM,
Aha!
Dangling the new game cheese in front of me eh?...lol...
Don't worry...this mouse will be buying it...

It appears you are introducing more dynamic in game changes which should be fun.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Dan
10-23-2018, 03:35 AM,
I said years ago that I think one change that should be made or at least tested with an extra copy of the game, is fixing the Inf types. When you have a full strength tank platoon, it is 5 vehicles. But a platoon of Inf is 6 strength points. Why not change it to 30 men or whatever the number is. I think it just might make the game better. PBs is that way and it has been pretty good. The difference would be PBs is one campaign area where CS scenarios are similar to TOAW covering all kinds of areas. If it works, it could be another patch for current owners. I think it would work better and be more realistic than strength points.