• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Wishlist
10-13-2020, 11:40 PM,
RE: CS Wishlist
Also, the Walt Kelly statement at the bottom has tinny blast instead of tiny blast.
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2020, 08:35 AM,
(10-13-2020, 11:40 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Also, the Walt Kelly statement at the bottom has tinny blast instead of tiny blast.

Tinny, meaning to have a displeasingly thin, metallic sound.

"Traces of nobility, gentleness and courage persist in all people, do what we will to stamp out the trend. So, too, do those characteristics which are ugly. It is just unfortunate that in the clumsy hands of a cartoonist all traits become ridiculous, leading to a certain amount of self-conscious expostulation and the desire to join battle. There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand.

Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. Forward!"

—Walt Kelly, The Pogo Papers

Walt Kelly would be having a political satirist's field day were he alive today.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-14-2020, 10:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-14-2020, 10:52 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Learn something new every day. :)

We always said metallic sound.
10-16-2020, 12:19 AM,
LOL! The old saying was that a person who was tone deaf had a "tin ear". Horn

I ruptured an ear drum and went from being able to carry a tune to burying a tune. Hello?

I'm also not a big Kelly fan. Whistle 

Farmer

HSL
10-16-2020, 10:33 PM,
(10-16-2020, 12:19 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: LOL! The old saying was that a person who was tone deaf had a "tin ear". Horn

I ruptured an ear drum and went from being able to carry a tune to burying a tune. Hello?

Farmer

HSL

I went straight to burying a tune and never uncovered.   Big Grin
10-17-2020, 02:06 AM,
(10-16-2020, 10:33 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 12:19 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: LOL! The old saying was that a person who was tone deaf had a "tin ear". Horn

Farmer

HSL

I went straight to burying a tune and never uncovered.   Big Grin

Born that way, myself.. Whistle
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard