• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Design Contest
06-06-2016, 09:15 AM,
RE: Scenario Design Contest
Dev,

Despite your opinion on the matter, I am almost  positive no DG code was used in CSME or the current Alpha of CSVN.  Scenarios from DG were ported over to CSME, but that had nothing to do with coding.  It was manually created by the original DG scenarios creator using the CSME game. 

Wait what?  A scenario designer updating his scenarios.  What a novel concept.  Your scenarios were created ~10 years ago and the game has changed.  Those changes had absolutely nothing to do with CSME or CSVN.  If they need updating to make them work as intended, then update them for the community. 

As to the CSME Scenario Design Contest, I can't control the coding requirements and the time necessary to construct CSVN.  However, I can add to the prize so that there is no year delay in getting something for the winning participant's efforts.  Two prizes for the winner of the contest.  My only regret is that I didn't touch base with Jason right before the official announcement of the design contest.  Release date for CSVN change between the official announcement and our last conversation on the matter.  

Regards,

Jim vK
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 10:04 AM,
My 2 Cents  RE: Scenario Design Contest
Hey Boss - ( yeh you're still the boss ) Smile

So is jim rose or dave brevard stopping in to redo their scenarios too? how about Von Niemack or Earl?
They've been around a lot longer than I have and their scenarios are basically teeth grinding at times with that  new hidden shooter thingy. Thing is.. they weren't designed to have a hidden shooter, they weren't tested with one either. You should know as you tested them yourself. So did I, for the Blitz CD stuff. No hidden shooter there to change up the results when we tested either.

You say, the game has changed- it should have just been patched, not changed? Change is for the next generation, or series.  Just MY opinion...

Can't really say I need to change up my scenario, when everyone else needs to redo theirs as well in order to match up?

I'm glad to hear no DG code is being used, that game.. sucked.. LOL
Soap Box
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-06-2016, 11:45 AM,
Wow,

Talk about late to the discussion.  I think I'm following you now.

You're the one saying your scenario is broken because of something that was implemented in 2008/9 for light AT weapons.  You just wake up from the Ice Age or you doing hard time in Attica?  Like I said, up to you if you do anything about it. 

I didn't realize you were talking about something that occurred while I was in Iraq.  I thought it was more current than that and related to CSME.

As far as I know, full-blown hidden shooter is only in CSME.

Regards,

Jim
06-06-2016, 02:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 07:41 PM by Crossroads. Edit Reason: broken link fixed )
I have followed up with the 0.02 comments about JTCS changes have been answered HERE. Seemed a proper place to discuss JTCS v1.03.

As for CS: Middle East, yes Jim, got it right: the codebase is completely based on the JTCS 2.02, taking it from there. Unit graphics (3D, 2D) created a new, scenarios all new. It is a completely new game. What Divided Ground and CS: Middle East share is the common theme of the modern Middle East conflicts. Oh, and for the memory's sake: they share the main menu music clip  Helmet Smile  

Related to CS:ME scenario design contest, and the latest comments though: at least one original Divided Ground scenario developer has picked up CS:ME game and is porting his scenarios there, as Alan Arvold is redoing the Ode to Arab-Israeli Wars scenarios using the new game.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-06-2016, 10:56 PM,
(06-06-2016, 11:45 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: Wow,

Talk about late to the discussion.  I think I'm following you now.

You're the one saying your scenario is broken because of something that was implemented in 2008/9 for light AT weapons.  You just wake up from the Ice Age or you doing hard time in Attica?  Like I said, up to you if you do anything about it. 

I didn't realize you were talking about something that occurred while I was in Iraq.  I thought it was more current than that and related to CSME.

As far as I know, full-blown hidden shooter is only in CSME.

Regards,

Jim

I Guess I'm late for dinner too..  dang it... Wink

Just caught my eye when I "thought" only ATGs were the only ones hiding (and that it was an option back then?) and come to notice snipers and ATRs are all also hidden as well as artillery pieces that have AT capacity that are shooting within their range.

Didn't say my scenario was broken, just quite different to play and score now, same as the first blood scenario, and others that I'm playing, and the results are perhaps not quite so balanced as they were several years ago..
 All I'm saying is the subtle changes may have given some hidden eggs that no one has found yet as the play time dwindles down for the old girl.. everyone (mostly) has moved on and that's great news for the money makers.
No issues with that at all, Just imagined that fixing the bugs meant fixing them, not creating more or less situations that appear as smoke on mirrors.

Can't wait to see what you fellows do with the next outcrop of the series, impending anticipation, that it's going to be better than it already has been shown to be. A game that's shown everlasting replayability and a dedicated fan base for ALOT of years.
Hard footsteps to follow, But the beaten path lies ahead, and I'm sure you guys are packing plenty of ammo Helmet Smile

Dev
Crazy
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-13-2016, 12:06 AM,
Couldn't Resist, new scenario in CSME data base.

Fictional: Syrians vs British.

Title: The Teacher [BSDC2016]

[NE of Damascus] [H2H/Arab] [FIC] [BH2H] [No VV] [Blitz Scenario Design Contest 2016 Entry] The Syrians, seeing their position for independence threatened began an operation in early June to make the British occupying forces think twice about their planned occupation & installation of a puppet government. On June 9th Syrian armored forces moved north and east from Damascus to secure the surrounding countryside. In the process they overran two British supply trains, captured the British drivers and commandeered the supplies. Twenty-eight British soldiers were held incommunacado as ransom barganing chips for later negotiations to follow. A day later British bombers in retaliation attacked a Syrian installation NE of Damascus causing wide spread destruction killing 23 Syrian nationals and wounding 47. Colonel Qureshi commanding the 5th Syrian Mechanized Brigade had enough of this British bullying and moved his Brigade forward to engage the British blocking force at Halib. The British needed to be taught a lesson and Qureshi was their teacher.

Hope you all enjoy it, all comments regarding this scenario welcome.

Ivan the Big (John) Cigar5
06-13-2016, 12:41 AM,
Nice, John! Wine
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-13-2016, 01:05 AM,
(06-13-2016, 12:41 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Nice, John! Wine

Boisforas entered one too, but submitted it to H2H first. He's waiting for approval.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-13-2016, 04:37 AM,
(06-13-2016, 01:05 AM)Scud Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 12:41 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Nice, John! Wine

Boisforas entered one too, but submitted it to H2H first. He's waiting for approval.

He did? I thought I was supposed to receive an email notification of these events. Hmm, need to check my email again.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-14-2016, 04:07 AM,
OK, I am on it now
Visit us at CSLegion.com