• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Design Contest
05-27-2016, 04:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2016, 04:52 AM by Scud.)
Scenario Design Contest
Everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce an opportunity to "win" a copy of Campaign Series: Vietnam when it releases by using your scenario design skills in Campaign Series: Middle East.  This event is sponsored by the Campaign Series Legion and the Blitz.

Any member of the Blitz community can submit a scenario using CSME to create a scenario for all of us to enjoy.

Download the Rules PDF: The Blitz CSME Scenario Design Contest

You heard it here first and I look forward to see your efforts in the future.

Take care,

Jim "von Krieg"

[Image: The-Blitz-Scenario-Design-Contest.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2016, 07:18 AM,
RE: Scenario Design Contest
Looks like Jason posted his tutorial at just the right time. It ought to come in handy: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=69652

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-27-2016, 07:29 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Scenario Design Contest
Wow Jim! Big Grin

Now your talking, excellent contest! Oh Yummy!! Stir the Pot

Quick question: Is there any special scenario file designation we should use to post at blitz like as an example:

"BSDC16-Battle of Halfa'67"

where BSDC16 stands for Blitz Scenario Design Contest 2016.

Thanks!

ItB Cigar5
05-28-2016, 12:16 AM,
(05-27-2016, 07:29 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Wow Jim! Big Grin

Now your talking, excellent contest! Oh Yummy!! Stir the Pot

Quick question: Is there any special scenario file designation we should use to post at blitz like as an example:

"BSDC16-Battle of Halfa'67"

where BSDC16 stands for Blitz Scenario Design Contest 2016.

Thanks!

ItB Cigar5

Excellent suggestion. Until Jim has time to consider this I'd say go about designing and worry about the naming conventions later(?) I know he's still uncertain how the submission process will be done, so there's time to ponder.

Also, maybe a mention in the scenario description. Especially for the winning entries, but that, too, can be done later I would think.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-28-2016, 07:26 AM,
This is a very good idea, we need fresh meat!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-28-2016, 09:36 PM,
I hear you Warhorse, loading the cattle today and heading for the slaughterhouse... Matador

ItB Cigar5
05-29-2016, 03:46 AM,
One minor hiccup is that Vietnam is going to take a bit longer. We're scheduling the release for November/December 2017.

There are some coding things that need to be accomplished in order to release Vietnam.

And we're working on something new in tandem. Details to come in the future.

Happy thoughts!
Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-29-2016, 04:16 AM,
Okay,

That is a new development, but we will push forward with the contest.  I'll see about adding to the prize so there is not such a gap between winning AND picking up the prize.

Regards,

Jim
05-30-2016, 09:17 PM,
Nice one Jim! Looking very much forward to new scenario designs Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-06-2016, 07:20 AM,
JimBro..
The prize being a reworked CS divided ground coulda woulda been, leaves a few of us depressed.

What's up Doc?

The effort I put into Rappard's glory for the CS Blitz Cd (remember that?) kinda makes me feel spit upon after the transition of coding changes that made my scenario a bit worthless, or unplayable IMHO.

Ditto Legionaires....

Nothing against the Blitz tryin'.. gotta keep the club open forever! We are "the gamers for life."

Proud to say I am a BLITZER forever.

Just complainin'.. :) Cuz I can..

Dev (the yellow T-shirt guy *ROFLMAO*)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard