• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New laptop
05-20-2016, 05:24 AM,
c_Question Mark  New laptop
Greetings worthy gents!

I got a new laptop, Win10.  I am sure this is a dumb question, but will JTS let me download new copies of the games I have purchased?  Do I have too repurchase them all?  Should I contact Rich?

I always value your helpful advice,

Steve
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2016, 06:59 AM,
RE: New laptop
(05-20-2016, 05:24 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Greetings worthy gents!

I got a new laptop, Win10.  I am sure this is a dumb question, but will JTS let me download new copies of the games I have purchased?  Do I have too repurchase them all?  Should I contact Rich?

I always value your helpful advice,

Steve

If you don't have the installers then just give Rich a holler and he can send a link to them to you.
05-25-2016, 08:40 PM,
Yes contact JTS support. After that best to save the download links and game key to a cloud drive so that you can access them as needed, especially if you have a computer crash or something...
05-27-2016, 01:41 AM,
I found one old download link. Tried it and got a result of "Expired" - email in to JTS, but this is Rich's busy season on the farm.

Opps - patience por favor!
05-27-2016, 05:19 PM,
I would invest in a portable hard drive as a back up for all your important files.
Every month or less I select and back up all my Doc's, Photo's and any game etc which has been updated or modded.

When I bought my last PC I just copied everything over from the Portable Hard Drive, SIMPLE.
05-27-2016, 11:59 PM,
(05-27-2016, 05:19 PM)Lowlander Wrote: I would invest in a portable hard drive as a back up for all your important files.
Every month or less I select and back up all my Doc's, Photo's and any game etc which has been updated or modded.

When I bought my last PC I just copied everything over from the Portable Hard Drive, SIMPLE.

Is it that simple?  Merely copying over all the files and directories, sorry, folders? 

Are there not registry entries and other super-secret Windows handshake stuff ?

I still have my old computer.
05-28-2016, 05:49 AM,
This worked with Windows 7 and now with Windows 10.

On the key board press the "windows" key and the "r" key at the same time.

The RUN/dialog box will appear.
select browse and navigate to the game EXE file that you wish to play.

Then press OK,
The game will run/start as normal.

Try it on your present computer, it should work with XP etc.

And yes it was that simple,
A word of warning your HPS Simulations or John Tiller Software folders are copied to the "C" drive NOT to a Program folder.
06-21-2016, 02:43 AM,
For a guy who is borderline OCD about screen cleanliness, the touchscreen is a BAD idea.