• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWW... whats next?
05-14-2016, 05:09 AM,
FWW... whats next?
Hi, a lot of time with not a "whats next" thread... maybe because looks like PzC is in a hiatus and us poor fanboys are  Bag Hide ... well, FWW could cover the gap and save the day  Big Grin

Smells to a extension of EP title to cover AU empire area in the hot summer of 1914 but... who knows hehehe any bone for us???  Rolling Eyes

Maybe here i have a little question for FWW devs... is in your plans release a title set in later periods of war BUT with mobile combat like in 1914 titles??? i dont dislike 1914-15 titles specially set in east front but maybe i feel that serie needs after 3rd title a break in front and time.

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2016, 08:21 AM,
RE: FWW... whats next?
I can say that the series will be in 1914 for a while. FWIW, I am a mostly sequential person. :)
Send this user an email
05-14-2016, 08:33 AM,
I'd be quite excited about an AH 1914 title. Of course, just about anything this series covers is a win in my book.
05-14-2016, 06:42 PM,
All good things come to those who wait !!! Wink

If I can convince Ed to give up his "day job" then we will get the next title released much sooner! Big Grin
05-14-2016, 07:49 PM,
If the FWIW will be in 1914, I think it will be the campaign of Serbia or the battles in Galicia between Russians and Austrians. I am wrong? if I'm wrong correct me the proper authorities !
Greetings to all and good luck to game developers !
05-15-2016, 03:02 AM,
Thanks for the reply, well, i expect a next title to espand EP to the south-east, in the end in France14 and EP14 all the time appear AH but not appear... 3rd time could be the moment to see more than a little part of them  Big Grin2

Is incredible how fast pass time... close to 2 years since EP14 release date... if i dont remember bad was... 4... 5 maybe??? years between France14 and EP14 you think is going to be closer in to 2 years or we can apply RR Martin time metric for release??? at least moe a little unlike him to increase your chance to be aliveHamster Wheel   Big Grin

Sorry for disturb your work, now return to create more scens for FWW03  Whip

PD: but if you want leak something you can do it, no punishment  Rolling Eyes
05-15-2016, 05:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2016, 05:15 AM by ComradeP.)
Both Serbia and Galicia would require special rules to have a chance of getting a historical outcome, similar to the numerous Russian penalties in the Clash of Empires campaign of EP '14.

However, I fear that the superiority of the defence combined with not being able to chase and encircle enemy units will make achieving a historical outcome difficult.

Without the serious command problems, the Russians might even do quite a bit better than they historically did in Galicia as some of their frontline commanders ended up being just as cautious as Rennenkampf even though they seriously outnumbered Austro-Hungarian forces (south) east of Lemberg. Fixing Austro-Hungarian forces east of Lemberg so they can't dig in along the numerous (major) rivers east of Lemberg is difficult because those forces are supposed to be attacking (with the usual 1914 wildly optimistic expectations and blind belief in their own superiority, both sides walked into eachother).

Launching a successful Austro-Hungarian offensive might be the crown jewel of any PzC/FWWC experience due to their mixed C/D divisions and no superiority over the Russians in any other arm than cavalry.

A Serbia game would be challenging to combine into one campaign, as the Austro-Hungarian plan of attack was so strange (attacking a mountainous region with very limited strategic value away from concentrations of friendly rail lines) that experienced players might just leave the mountains for what they are and send everybody to the plains around Belgrade, a far more logical place to fight. To avoid this, cutting at least the earliest campaign into a western and central campaign might be necessary. There might be elegant ways to get it to work, though.
05-15-2016, 06:20 PM,
Well, is obvious that with the work Volcanoman did for France14 and EP14 we are going to see at least next title set in 1914, specially in the east front, apart this is the "easier" front to expand using the actual engine status offering a good set of actions from small to mega size.

Until late part of war i think is not possible reintroduce west front around 1917-18 with the last big offensives that manage to break the trench warfare, Kaiserschlacht and allied final offensive (here could be interesting play with a what if Germany never surrender and allies were forced to launch a final offensive) maybe the problem in a title like this is how simulate the use of tanks and new infantry tactics... is closer to PzC but at same time is diferent.

Other history is introduce a "secondary" front... here Romania 1916 could be interesting like middle east that provide a good set of small and medium scens with room for a lot what if scens to complete (i think in use as base battle Meggido and add small actions + what ifs for main battle with stronger turk forces in morale, stronger in forces, more german-AH support, weaker allies... in general with a single battle have 4-5 variants).

For me after complete 1914 i feel that serie needs a jump in time and space to expand the nations in serie and cover "darker" areas of WWI but that can offer more movement.
05-15-2016, 11:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2016, 11:45 PM by fabiominatti.)
I think the East Front is the most interesting with big maneuvers and breakthroughs.
Also a front generally overlooked as the Italian I think is very interesting:
I think to the breakthrough of Caporetto and battles on the Piave River.
About the terrible French front 15-17, I remember an interview with a developer who said he would have changed the system and the scale of the game to allow you to recreate the great offensive with accumulation of reserves and artillery.
Some news about it?
Because can not we have frequent information on the development of Campaigns of IWW
like Strela does with Panzer Battles?
So we will plan better next purchases ! ;)
Regards
05-16-2016, 08:25 AM,
It is probably better to direct your question about receiving more information directly to the company; it is unfair to ask guys on projects to address questions of their interpretation of company policy.

It would be better to obtain the policy directly from the company.

---

To put things another way, the query, to me, implies that people are withholding information, because they want to. It may not be that simple; but I do understand how different interpretations of the same policy can be very confusing and present some inconsistencies in approach.
Send this user an email