• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What's everyone reading right now....
05-13-2016, 02:32 AM,
What's everyone reading right now....
(yes, I am still alive)

First post as a civilian in long time.  What's everyone around here currently reading?

I've been going back and forth between military, crime and baseball books this year. 

Currently reading two.  Victory Was Beyond their Grasp by Douglas Nash.  It's a story following the 272nd Volks-Grenadier division from the Hurtgen to the end of the war.  Its interesting, but a touch slow at the start.  Source material was from a trove of documents found in a barn in Germany after the war.

Second is Gray Ghosts of the Confederacy, a Civil War book, which is somewhat unusual for me, not being a big CW guy.  There's a really nice CW museum in the city I live.  I take my sons there maybe 10 times a year to get out and get near the lake.  I picked this up out of the used book bin for a couple of bucks.  Interesting read on guerrilla warfare in the west during the CW.

If any of you are on Goodreads (goodreads.com), send me a request.  Always like looking at what other folks have read.

A
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2016, 08:31 AM,
RE: What's everyone reading right now....
Good to hear from you. On the whole I don't read much...books tend to make me sleepy....but the main thing I have been reading is the manual for Panzer Battles...trying to figure out why I can't win a battle... Big Grin
05-13-2016, 10:43 AM,
RE: What's everyone reading right now....
I'm reading "The Fighting 30th Division: They Called Us Roosevelt's SS"  Nice read with lots of anecdotes from Division members. Just up to the start of the fight for Aachen.