• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

This is F***ING Awesome
05-08-2016, 04:29 AM,
Flare For #2  This is F***ING Awesome
What you can do with lego, just awesome.  Several easter eggs in the video, see if you can find them.  Thanks to Walrus for sending this to me!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt7o1v9msA0
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2016, 04:48 AM,
RE: This is F***ING Awesome
Boy, I would have loved having those type of Lego kits, back when I was a kid!

Nice Find! Thumbs Up
05-08-2016, 06:52 AM,
Best part is the obtaining of the 88.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-08-2016, 07:30 AM,
(05-08-2016, 06:52 AM)Weasel Wrote: Best part is the obtaining of the 88.

There is anecdotal evidence that a similar confrontation did indeed occur between an officer from the Heer and a unit of Luftwaffe flak gunners.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon." Horatio Nelson.
05-08-2016, 09:59 AM,
It was Hans Von Luck during Operation Goodwood, there was a battery off 88s that could see the allied attack below them yet they did nothing as tanks are not planes. Hans pulled his revolver and stated either the 88s fire or he would fire. There is a documentary on UT about Goodwood with him, and his book is excellent.
05-08-2016, 11:40 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: This is F***ING Awesome
(05-08-2016, 09:59 AM)Weasel Wrote: It was Hans Von Luck during Operation Goodwood, there was a battery off 88s that could see the allied attack below them yet they did nothing as tanks are not planes.  Hans pulled his revolver and stated either the 88s fire or he would fire.  There is a documentary on UT about Goodwood with him, and his book is excellent.

Thumbs Up    Thanks! I knew I had read it somewhere.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon." Horatio Nelson.
05-08-2016, 01:10 PM,
Gold

Thanks for sharing
05-09-2016, 05:21 AM,
So the easter eggs are: the license plate on the truck towing the 88 "how is my driving, call Von Kliest" and inside the KV is a sign "all employees must wash hands.".

WE'RE GOOD!
05-09-2016, 05:22 AM,
(05-08-2016, 04:48 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Boy, I would have loved having those type of Lego kits, back when I was a kid!

Nice Find! Thumbs Up

How long do you think the locomotive would have stayed on those tracks at that speed?
05-10-2016, 01:18 AM,
OMG its my childhood lol
"Acceptance is the path to true wisdom" - Unknown