Is it just me ...
04-06-2016, 04:00 PM,
c_Question Mark  Is it just me ...
... or are things awfully quite over here at the Blitz Whistle
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
04-06-2016, 07:52 PM,
RE: Is it just me ...
What do you think which kind of community remains, if the gentlemen have all left and players are dominating now, that prefer to choose the most imbalanced games they can find, if it's open to their choice? Or players that even refuse answers, if they play double blind? Or ignore any conversation during a game?

The CM community has been on a steep slope downhill since CMx2 came out. The openness of the CMx1 community changed rapidly with the Shock Force crowd, Battlefront turned it's forums into a narrow minded US-propaganda outlet and the refusal of the developer to remove the biggest problems in the CMx2 system, slowly but surely, did the rest to the community.

More than one year late. Without any meaningful gameplay improvements. Releasing a winter game during spring in US and Europe...
04-06-2016, 11:56 PM,
(04-06-2016, 04:00 PM)Panzer Lehr Wrote: ... or are things awfully quite over here at the Blitz Whistle

Indeed they are quiet.  People are playing though - I see games getting logged regularly. 

People come here to play!
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
04-07-2016, 12:18 AM,
there is still a dedicated crowd of MP. i see a lot of the same people though. doesnt really matter to me because i have more games then i can handle and thats more than i can ask for.
"Acceptance is the path to true wisdom" - Unknown
04-07-2016, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 12:21 PM by Panzer Lehr.)
(04-06-2016, 11:56 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 04:00 PM)Panzer Lehr Wrote: ... or are things awfully quite over here at the Blitz Whistle

Indeed they are quiet.  People are playing though - I see games getting logged regularly. 

People come here to play!

Well, it's not so quite anymore  ROTFLMAO Yep ... that is why I come here ... to play mostly Helmet Smile  ... hopefully another SOM soon ... or another tourney would be cool
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
04-07-2016, 06:15 PM,
It seems to me when CMx1 was in it's hey-day there did seem
more activity, more players seem to be looking for a game.
I am a follow of CMx2 and got use to the way it works I wonder
how many more members feel that way ?????
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
04-08-2016, 12:08 AM,
The statistics do seem to bear that out @Hedgehog. I am not sure why - more choices for finding opponents - longer games in CM2x. Beats me. All I know is I loved CM1x but never played another game once CMBN came out. Given that a good number of people are still playing CM1x on the ladder not everyone agreed with me. And that's OK.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
04-08-2016, 12:41 AM,
(04-08-2016, 12:08 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: The statistics do seem to bear that out @Hedgehog.  I am not sure why - more choices for finding opponents - longer games in CM2x. Beats me.  All I know is I loved CM1x but never played another game once CMBN came out.  Given that a good number of people are still playing CM1x on the ladder not everyone agreed with me. And that's OK.

I have been playing CMx2 since it came out, I did fancy a dabble again with CMx1, playing two enjoyable games against Owl and Seel....I upgraded part of the way into the games to Windows 10 sadly the game wouldn't accept the upgrade, had a word with Battlefront who couldn't come up with a solution
04-08-2016, 02:15 AM,
@Hedgehog

Under Windows 10 runs CMx1 without problems.For some players is it running slow.
But there are a trick.Simply Alt-Tab'ing out of the game and then re-maximizing it may get it to run at a normal speed.
04-08-2016, 07:41 AM,
(04-08-2016, 02:15 AM)Westland Wrote: @Hedgehog

Under Windows 10 runs CMx1 without problems.For some players is it running slow.
But there are a trick.Simply Alt-Tab'ing out of the game and then re-maximizing it may get it to run at a normal speed.

WOW....who's a clever Boy then.....It worked nicely...Good Info from you mate

Thanks a Lot