• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spring Cleaning
04-06-2016, 12:22 AM,
This Just In  Spring Cleaning
So I  open up the storage tote of old PC games yesterday,  and the tossing out the games of times past comes around once more.. picked up a real gem, it was called Matrix Campaign Series, had a couple of Cds banded together with it.. Project Blitzkrieg #1 and a cd full of scenarios from all the classy scenario designers of the old breed.

Couldn't toss it, had to install it, update it and copy over 250 scenarios into the folder..

Fired it up and my 1st game in a long fecking time is The Road to Oboyan.... Classic Von Earlman, nothing beats the Lobster slayer from Maine, nothing.

Been a long time since I came to this place in a gaming mode, let alone in a talking mode.

Toes in the water again, hope it's not too cold in here?
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2016, 12:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016, 12:55 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RE: Spring Cleaning
If you don't mind an easy win, set up what you want. Scenario/side/balanced/unbalanced no matter to me.

Also, welcome back for however long it will be. :)
04-06-2016, 01:11 AM,
Well what do you know, an outlaw looking to wrap up some old sharkfins on crutches to take home to the dogs..

What are the ROEs anymore? any optional rules that should/ shouldn't be used?

I do recall somethings, like not using trucks to draw off opp fire and not attacking with HTs unless with infantry or armor in same stack, etc...

it's REALLY been a while, so I'm not so sure it'll be anywhere near a win, prolly an easy loss.. :)

/Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-06-2016, 02:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016, 02:45 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
I'm not sure myself. I just play whatever my opps want to play.

I agree about the trucks. HTs not all that sure about them since they are AFVs, and didn't Peiper command a HT Bn for awhile? I don't remember reading it as a PG Bn, just a HT Bn.

If nothing else, we can figure it out as we go.
04-06-2016, 04:01 AM,
Down the dusty road thru Poland go my little grenadiers to certain destruction.. I just picked the 1st scenario by date, I'm good for just going down the list to get my boots dirty again.
04-06-2016, 06:39 AM,
Welcome home!  Smile

Make sure you've upgraded to the new Matrix version of CS. Talonsoft's won't work anymore.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
04-06-2016, 08:12 AM,
Thanks Dave! it is indeed the matrix version I have and plan to slay the unwary with in due time :)

Cheers to all and may the wargaming goddess roll your way... unless you're playing me of course!
04-06-2016, 09:57 AM,
Welcome back!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-06-2016, 11:28 AM,
Welcome back, Randy!
Send this user an email
04-06-2016, 09:50 PM,
Welcome back Randy. Shark (in case anyone does not remember him, he's the fin in the water) Whistle
They say it is like riding a bike. Witch Broom (OK, it's a broom and not a bike.)
You never forget how to do it. Just might wobble a bit, at first!

Cheers4

HSL