• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to Install Total Conversion Mods?
12-01-2020, 08:36 PM,
How to Install Total Conversion Mods?
I am talking about IronX's mods as well as Africa at War. They come with installer .exe files as far as I'm aware, but mods did not work properly with my copied folder of Pacific War. Plus installers modify C: Windows directory for some reason? Can't say I like that. Is there a way that I can just copy and paste the mod folders and be done with it? I'd be glad for any help.
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2020, 02:30 AM,
RE: How to Install Total Conversion Mods?
Hi, this method worked for all the IronX mods, although all these mods came out before the most recent SB updates were released and I dont know if that causes problems. I install from the original HPS CD versions of the games.

First make sure you have the right base game installed:

• Red Star over Europe: a 3rd world war 1980's mod, Nato V Soviet Union (modded from Vietnam)
  • Africa at War: based on some of the post WW2 African conflicts (modded from Pacific War)
  • Arab Israeli War (modded from Soviet Afghan war)
  • The Long War, The more recent Afghanistan conflict (modded Soviet Afghan War)
  • World at War, covers Chechnya, Iran/Iraq war, Sierra Leone, various late 20th Century conflicts. (Modded from Pacific War)

Then:

1. Make a copy of the base game directory and place it on your desktop
  2. Open that directory and sort the files by type so that you have all the .scn files together, all the .map files together etc.
  3. Delete all the files from the root directory with the following extensions: * .map *.scn *.oob ( If you dont do this you will have difficulty in finding the scenarios for the new game because they will all be mixed up with the scenarios from the base game)
  4. Rename the base game root directory with the Mods name ( World at War, Red Star Over Europe) etc
  5. Copy the contents of the Mod directory into your (now edited) base game directory accepting all the file over write requests.
  6. Move this directory to wherever you keep your other JTS games
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
12-02-2020, 03:51 PM,
RE: How to Install Total Conversion Mods?
Thanks Enbis, seems like I got it working now.