• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Generated Battle PBEM CSME
02-18-2016, 09:35 AM,
Generated Battle PBEM CSME
Me and a friend are playing our first generated meeting engagement via PBEM, great fun! Never tried this before, some interesting forces, fun in the sun in a huge sand box!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2016, 05:45 AM,
RE: Generated Battle PBEM CSME
Don't all you have to do is email the oob, map and scn files and of course the game file. I've always looked at that in WF and EF. I've done some against the ai, but like other games, not as fun as pbem.

Meeting engagements are the best.

Keep us posted on how it is working out.
02-19-2016, 07:41 AM,
Exactly, generate, then send the files and the game file. I always thought about it, but never tried it, pretty cool. For my side the AI picked a pretty nice force, and with a large map, and battalion size engagement, there is a lot of space for maneuver.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-19-2016, 10:18 AM,
(02-19-2016, 07:41 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Exactly, generate, then send the files and the game file. I always thought about it, but never tried it, pretty cool. For my side the AI picked a pretty nice force, and with a large map, and battalion size engagement, there is a lot of space for maneuver.

Sounds like fun but you may not necessarily want to report those games on the ladder. The balance could really become lopsided
02-19-2016, 11:20 AM,
It's cool, the fellow that I'm playing against, we just play for fun!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-20-2016, 03:50 AM,
I mostly tried it with division sized force. Tried Corps a couple of times, but the unit entry was whacked. Even set one up on the map, but deployment was so bad. The one with the entry had arty and non essential stuff arriving before combat units.

The thing I liked about the division sized ones were the scattered entry points so you had to work to build a bridgehead or gather battalions. Most companies were on their own for a few turns until another finally arrived. Some of the entry points were pretty far apart as well. The good thing is your opp probably faced the same issues. Pretty cool though with companies entering scattered and trying to work them together at certain terrain features to hold or prep for attack.

It is also cool that you can also pick the year so there will be different vehicles of course.

I wouldn't mind being able to do the same thing with some kind of point system to bring in different units or parts of units because you need them but not enough points for the whole unit this particular turn.