• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Lodz Campaign Question
02-17-2016, 01:40 AM,
Feedback Needed  Lodz Campaign Question
Hello  Gents,
Doctor and I are playing a Lodz campaign. In this campaign, the Vistula is a full hex river.  My reading of the pontoon and bridge repair rules is that the pontoons cannot be built in this scenario and that the hex-long bridges, once destroyed (and my reading is that they can be destroyed), are not repairable.

Am I correct on all accounts.  Both of us would benefit from a clear understanding of this.

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2016, 03:28 AM,
RE: Lodz Campaign Question
(02-17-2016, 01:40 AM)jim pfleck Wrote: Hello  Gents,
Doctor and I are playing a Lodz campaign. In this campaign, the Vistula is a full hex river.  My reading of the pontoon and bridge repair rules is that the pontoons cannot be built in this scenario and that the hex-long bridges, once destroyed (and my reading is that they can be destroyed), are not repairable.

Am I correct on all accounts.  Both of us would benefit from a clear understanding of this.

Thanks!

And my educated guess is that engineers cannot repair hex long bridges in the time span of a game given what the documentation says about their limitations in this period.
02-17-2016, 03:40 AM,
oh dear, did I just give away my intentions?
02-17-2016, 04:07 AM,
(02-17-2016, 03:40 AM)jim pfleck Wrote: oh dear, did I just give away my intentions?

Maybe.  I ran a test using the scenario editor and bridging engineers cannot repair or build hex long bridges.  I am happy with that
Smile
02-17-2016, 06:09 AM,
You cannot destroy full hex bridges in that scenario because the scenario uses the wired bridge feature.

Also, FWIW, I may allow full hex bridge (pontoon) construction in the next update as I am standardizing everything. In any case, that change would carry over into your campaign once the update is released (whenever that is). Just letting you know. ;)
Send this user an email
02-17-2016, 07:20 AM,
Thanks Ed.
02-17-2016, 07:21 AM,
Dr. Doctor,
does this mean my poor Landwehr north of the river should be preparing for rest and relation in Siberia?
02-17-2016, 10:22 AM,
...BTW, to answer the other question, no you cannot repair full hex bridges. ;)
Send this user an email