• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

installed game map issues (whiting out)
01-11-2016, 11:19 AM,
Help  installed game map issues (whiting out)
Hi, well for starters I guess forgot about this web site,especially when I tried to join.It said I was already a member,haven't posted it said in almost five years.Anyways great to be back and with all this new content I'm jazzed.Here's my problem.I was using an older machine to play hpssims titles pzcps and civil war on (win xp). About a year ago I put together a new machine,intel 4790k msi mainboard and two gtx770 4gig cards linked running win 7 home professional.I installed all my pz campaign titles on the two titles I tested kursk and moscow 41 when I clicked on the map it went white.I would have to double click to basically get the map back again I have to do this every time i click on a unit.Except when I would do things like hit the D key for digging in and click on the exact square the next unit would be.This is a real pain and makes the game unplayable.I have read some things about fixing issues because the are old titles 10 years+.It is obviously a windows issues but I cannot be sure multi graphics for example, running this on a 30inch monitor @2560x1600 resolution I just do not know been trying and trying so please help if you can.Oh when I mean the map went white it would be all except for where the mouse pointer was i.e one hex.
thanks again.
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2016, 01:27 PM,
RE: installed game map issues (whiting out)
(01-11-2016, 11:19 AM)U124IXB Wrote: Hi, well for starters I guess forgot about this web site,especially when I tried to join.It said I was already a member,haven't posted it said in almost five years.Anyways great to be back and with all this new content I'm jazzed.Here's my problem.I was using an older machine to play hpssims titles pzcps and civil war on (win xp). About a year ago I put together a new machine,intel 4790k msi mainboard and two gtx770 4gig cards linked running win 7 home professional.I installed all my pz campaign titles on the two titles I tested kursk and moscow 41 when I clicked on the map it went white.I would have to double click to basically get the map back again I have to do this every time i click on a unit.Except when I would do things like hit the D key for digging in and click on the exact square the next unit would be.This is a real pain and makes the game unplayable.I have read some things about fixing issues because the are old titles 10 years+.It is obviously a windows issues but I cannot be sure multi graphics for example, running this on a 30inch monitor @2560x1600 resolution I just do not know been trying and trying so please help if you can.Oh when I mean the map went white it would be all except for where the mouse pointer was i.e one hex.
thanks again.
01-11-2016, 01:31 PM,
Ok update I just installed bulge 44 and it is working.No whit-out map issues.This was my last purchase about a year ago so I'm am going to work back ward from from my most recent purchases from memory...LOL.Considering I forgot all about this website.
01-13-2016, 03:09 AM,
This is Campaign Series forum. Seems you have issues with Panzer Campaigns?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-13-2016, 11:28 AM,
(01-13-2016, 03:09 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: This is Campaign Series forum. Seems you have issues with Panzer Campaigns?

Yeah in moscow 41 and kursk the map disapears when I click on it to get it to reappear I have to double click on it.
So I reinstalled the game same issue and I am getting  during install....."ISDX_ERR_INTERNAL"....."was not found in string"
Is my cd damaged is there a way around this?
Also when I patch the game I go to the about button on menu bar and check what version and it still says 1.0
but when I un-tick the box that says overwrite without prompting it always ask ok to overwrite file(s)
so that has me scratching my head too.Any way I really want to play moscow 41 again as well as kursk so if this is a cd issue should I by a old copy off ebay for 20$ or do the tiller games download for 40$? is there an advatage for either one thank you.
01-13-2016, 12:59 PM,
(01-13-2016, 11:28 AM)U124IXB Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 03:09 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: This is Campaign Series forum. Seems you have issues with Panzer Campaigns?

Yeah in moscow 41 and kursk the map disapears when I click on it to get it to reappear I have to double click on it.
So I reinstalled the game same issue and I am getting  during install....."ISDX_ERR_INTERNAL"....."was not found in string"
Is my cd damaged is there a way around this?
Also when I patch the game I go to the about button on menu bar and check what version and it still says 1.0
but when I un-tick the box that says overwrite without prompting it always ask ok to overwrite file(s)
so that has me scratching my head too.Any way I really want to play moscow 41 again as well as kursk so if this is a cd issue should I by a old copy off ebay for 20$ or do the tiller games download for 40$? is there an advatage for either one thank you.

Ok just installed rzhev 42  and you can add that title to the list.sad looks like the old titles do not like win 7.
01-13-2016, 01:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 01:31 PM by Compass Rose.)
I am running WIN7 and I have no problems with my HPS games running properly.

If you select "About" and you are still seeing only 1.0, that is telling you that you are not unzipping your updates to the right game folder and that is why you are having problems.

You need to manually select the correct game folder(s) to unzip to.
01-13-2016, 01:37 PM,
2 things to start with. Uninstall and reinstall to a path different from default program files... For example, try a directory such as HPS and install there.

Then patch - your patches must mostly be installing to a different directory than where the games are.

I think if you get the games patched okay, then all should be okay.

If all else fails, go to the HPS Sims site, contact us page: http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Contact/contact.html. You can enter a request for help and Rich Hamilton should get back to you fairly quickly.

This is definitely fixable, just need to work through the specific problem, which I think is your installs and patches.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-13-2016, 02:29 PM,
I also have Win7 (64 bit) with no problems with these games.
01-14-2016, 03:38 AM,
I am no expert, but there is an ongoing issue with the older HPS titles installing themselves to a folder within Programme Files (PF) which was fine with XP but seems to cause issues on newer versions of windows, so you need to be sure that your games are installed outside of Programme Files on your C drive, this is where all the more modern titles now install themselves by default.

Also I notice the updates/patch's from HPS for older titles also by default unzip into Programme files.

So as the other guys have said 1) Make sure older titles are installed into a folder on your C drive outside PF and that updates are also unzipped into these folders and not any within PF. Wink