• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Use of Daimlers
01-05-2016, 03:58 AM,
Use of Daimlers
Hello:

Playing a small scenario from Goodwood and I have a lot of these vehicles. The Germans have tons of AFVs and 88s. So I am wondering how to use Daimlers in this dangerous environment.

Normally I assume they are used for scouting. But here I am afraid they will get shot up. 

Thanks,

Gerry
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2016, 04:09 AM,
RE: Use of Daimlers
Tell your drivers not to take their foot off the gas pedal!   LOL
01-05-2016, 04:10 AM,
Very funny. I know they are fast, but still ....

Can vehicles control a victory location?
01-05-2016, 04:15 AM,
Sorry, I can't help you out.

In the scenarios I am playing, I haven't came across any Daimlers, yet.
01-05-2016, 04:46 AM,
If they are recon capable then they are very useful to spot German unit in los that are hidden. Move to a spot where the unit can see hexes you care about and use recon spotting. Not guaranteed to see hidden enemy units but otherwise you are stuck walking into these units or missing them completely.

And yes they will suffer losses in this role.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-05-2016, 05:23 AM,
Get into (likely) enemy LOS, use recon spotting and get out of enemy LOS. Don't hang around as most armoured cars have 3 defence and will die from pretty much any kind of fire. The Staghounds and Puma's are more resilient, as are the Stuarts obviously.
01-05-2016, 05:30 AM,
Thanks everyone. To do Recon Spotting you just hit the command I assume. But what kind of range can it check for concealed units? Sorry I cannot find that in the manual.
01-05-2016, 05:36 AM,
All current los. No range limit I am aware of.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-05-2016, 05:42 AM,
Incidentally, that makes recon spotting far more useful than in PzC, as visibility ranges tend to be quite impressive.

Do keep in mind that, whenever you use recon spotting and an enemy unit can see you doing it, you might attract opportunity fire (including artillery fire).
01-05-2016, 06:05 AM,
Trust me, I have already attracted opportunity fire. Do you have an idea of the probability of spotting an enemy unit (there must be some calculation). It's important as you are putting a light vehicle in danger most times when you do recon.