• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wall Combat Modifier
01-03-2016, 11:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 11:09 AM by GerryM.)
Wall Combat Modifier
[Image: Wall.JPG]

1) Will the unit in X get the Wall modifier for incoming fire from the Objective hex?
2) Will the Objective hex get the wall modifier benefit from X? (LOS is along a hexside between them).

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

P.S. Thanks to Compass Rose for help with inserting the image. I cannot delete the old thread ....
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2016, 12:08 PM,
RE: Wall Combat Modifier
I just tested it and yes, units firing from both hexes are penalized by the low wall.

As long as there's no hexside between the unit that isn't penalized, the penalty should apply.

Hedgerows and walls hexsides apply to hexes on both sides of the hexside, but cliffs and escarpments seem to have a "facing" as only one of the two hexes adjacent to the hexside shows "cliff"/"escarp".
01-03-2016, 01:03 PM,
I saw the same thing as ComradeP, also through a test, before seeing this was already answered :-).

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-03-2016, 09:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 09:42 PM by GerryM.)
So even though the LOS for both just crosses the vertex it still counts. IOW, the wall extends to the vertex.

Thanks for the help.

Can you remind me how you see the modifiers applying to an attack. Can this be checked before you fire?

Gerry
01-04-2016, 01:43 AM,
Turn off on map results (through the menus at the top of the window). I don't believe you can check and see prior to firing, I would consider this something you can easily enough learn once and not need to worry about in the future.
[Image: exercise.png]