• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cobras coming in empty
01-02-2016, 09:53 AM,
Cobras coming in empty
Gentlemen, Can the ME designers let the Cobras(and Hinds)in the "Hot Knife Through Butter" (and other scenarios with choppers)come in loaded with ATMs rather than than unloaded? Is there a reason Im missing to bring them in unloaded? Thanx, Eric
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2016, 11:42 PM,
RE: Cobras coming in empty
Eric, if this is in reference to our match, you can look forward to a fix (or not) in an upcoming patch. I surrendered the game to you. I found it unplayable and with zero enjoyment.
I'm not into torture or abuse and those words sum up most of the scenarios that I have played so far. As I wrote in my e-mail and posted on the forums, I have the finale nail in the coffin and will eat the cost of the game, just to have it look pretty on the shelf.
If this is the way they are taking the Campaign Series later I believe they should thing twice.

Ed
01-03-2016, 02:10 AM,
Boisfroras here again, my opponent in "Hot Knife" reports that he has tried for three turns to load up his Hinds with ATMs without that happening. Very frustrating! Help! Eric
01-03-2016, 08:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 09:40 PM by Crossroads.)
Hello Eric, thanks for reporting this.

Update: I had a look at the scenario both as a battle and through Scenario Editor.

IDF Helo HQ arrives at turn #13 just before the Cobras do. But for some reason I can't have the Cobras resupplied by landing to HQ hex, while the said HQ itself is in Supply.

Syrian Helo HQ does not seem to arrive to map at all, but by looking at Scenario Editor it seems to have been assigned to map. It's like its disappeared between the two files? Something's going on here.

Jason who designed the scenario is traveling at the moment. I don't know what he planned for the role of the helos for both sides and I have notified him and I am sure he'll get back to you once he's back from his break. As for why IDF Cobras don't supply either I raised a bug report to see what's going on.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-03-2016, 11:43 PM,
Between this and the scenario fixes that were included in the update, it just seems to highlight the lack of vetting of the scenarios?
Did the team use play testers?

It is why I gave up thinking it was just me and that my "taste" for what a H2H scenario should be was off. Each and every scenario I played that was supposed to be H2H was a lopsided affair. And, it did not take too many turns to find that out. Good Job

And, we are supposed to "trust" the team?  While their plans of splitting up the campaign series while porting over all the great things they did with ME, is now on their plates? Whistle
How about ruining a game that has been played and loved for almost fifteen years?

Just going to pile on a lot of wasted time. Hamster Wheel

Farmer

HSL
01-04-2016, 01:15 AM,
(01-03-2016, 08:49 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Hello Eric, thanks for reporting this.

Update: I had a look at the scenario both as a battle and through Scenario Editor.

IDF Helo HQ arrives at turn #13 just before the Cobras do. But for some reason I can't have the Cobras resupplied by landing to HQ hex, while the said HQ itself is in Supply.

Syrian Helo HQ does not seem to arrive to map at all, but by looking at Scenario Editor it seems to have been assigned to map. It's like its disappeared between the two files? Something's going on here.

Jason who designed the scenario is traveling at the moment. I don't know what he planned for the role of the helos for both sides and I have notified him and I am sure he'll get back to you once he's back from his break. As for why IDF Cobras don't supply either I raised a bug report to see what's going on.

Hello Eric, 

This has been confirmed a data issue in the Hot Knife scenario file. Both sets of Helos have been configured to enter the map with Rounds available parameter set as 0, but also Resupply_rounds set at 0 for some reason, meaning they will not be available for resupply either. 

As for the missing Syrian HQ as it seems, that will have to wait until Jason returns to hear his thoughts on this, if Syrians too are to be equipped with an HQ for resupply purposes. 

Please send me the bte file you are playing to see if one of us can alter the parameters / units there on a fly. Sorry about this, the scenario will be fixed in 1.02.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-04-2016, 01:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 01:55 AM by Crossroads.)
Further on, the Syrian Helo HQ is not missing, I just did not spot it first.

Here's how they arrive:

Syrian Gazelle flight#1 on turn 3
Syrian Gazelle HQ (foot) on turn 4, loaded on a truck.
Syrian Gazelle flight#2 on turn 8

Israeli Cobra flight#1 on turn 10
Israeli Cobra HQ (foot) on turn 13, loaded on a truck.
Israeli Cobra flight#2 on turn 14

So no missing HQs, the Rounds and Resupply_rounds (at least the latter) need to be fixed though.

Again, please send the bte file to me I will have it fixed if possible (battlekat dot theblitz at gmail dot com)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-04-2016, 12:10 PM,
(01-04-2016, 01:38 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Further on, the Syrian Helo HQ is not missing, I just did not spot it first.

Here's how they arrive:

So no missing HQs, the Rounds and Resupply_rounds (at least the latter) need to be fixed though.

Again, please send the bte file to me I will have it fixed if possible (battlekat dot theblitz at gmail dot com)

Hello - it's Steve - Tiger 88 - I will send you over the bte file along with my password.  Stand by....
01-04-2016, 12:15 PM,
(01-04-2016, 12:10 PM)Tiger 88 Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 01:38 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Further on, the Syrian Helo HQ is not missing, I just did not spot it first.

Here's how they arrive:

Hello - it's Steve - Tiger 88 - I will send you over the bte file along with my password.  Stand by....
Just tried sending email with bte fle - and it bounced:

sent to:

battlekat dot theblitz at gmail dot com
01-04-2016, 12:16 PM,
(01-04-2016, 12:15 PM)Tiger 88 Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 12:10 PM)Tiger 88 Wrote:

Here's how they arrive:

Just tried sending email with bte fle - and it bounced:

sent to:

battlekat dot theblitz at gmail dot com

Please send me an email at:

t34_buster at hotmail dot com