• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Isolated Units
12-26-2015, 05:10 PM,
Isolated Units
I am having a hard time understanding why one of my units (Red Square) is labeled as Isolated.

The unit was moved forward towards the enemy on turn one, into a hex that had a minefield in it, which ended up being adjacent to a enemy position.

At the beginning of turn two, it is shown being isolated even though enemy forces are adjacent on only one hex side while friendly forces are adjacent on three hex sides.

Can someone explain why this is?

Also, where in the manual does it talk about what causes a unit to become isolated?

The only thing I can locate is in the User Manual page 77 which only describes what happens to a unit once it is isolated.

Thanks

[Image: Isolated.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2015, 05:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2015, 05:53 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Isolated Units
That's looks like a glitch, and I can't seem to replicate it at the moment.

At first, I thought you may have switched off Clear mines or rubble through a hotkey by accident, but even that doesn't isolate the unit.
12-26-2015, 06:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2015, 06:09 PM by Strela.)
We did some code changes around engineers that were disrupted and subsequently recovered. The intention was that a minefield would not be cleared if at any point an engineer was disrupted within a turn.

It looks like something hadn't quite worked as expected as the isolation has remained (for being in a minefield), yet the minefield has been cleared.

I'll see if I can replicate this. I think Dogsoldier reported this issue during testing and we have missed correcting it.

David

Ps Nice new terrain!
12-26-2015, 06:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2015, 05:53 AM by ComradeP.)
Edit: mixed up PB with PzC.
12-26-2015, 09:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2015, 09:56 PM by wiggum.)
I have a similar question:

Look at the highlighted enemy units inside a bunker.
Why are they not isolated, they are completely surrounded since two turns ?

+ inside the manual is nothing that tells the player why and when units become isolated.

[Image: EqXnYPb.jpg]
12-26-2015, 10:48 PM,
(12-26-2015, 06:34 PM)ComradeP Wrote: As I mentioned, units are never isolated at the start of a turn in a minefield as long as there are friendly units adjacent to them, so there being a minefield or not should not have an effect in this situation. That is, unless the code change means engineer units that end the turn disrupted but recover and clear a minefield the next turn become isolated.

Disrupted engineers in a minefield will be isolated. Any non-engineer unit in a minefield will be isolated until they either leave the minefield or it is cleared. Adjacent units should not make any difference.

That said, if your seeing something different (other than the initial example given above), please let me know.

David
12-26-2015, 10:49 PM,
(12-26-2015, 09:54 PM)wiggum Wrote: I have a similar question:

Look at the highlighted enemy units inside a bunker.
Why are they not isolated, they are completely surrounded since two turns ?

+ inside the manual is nothing that tells the player why and when units become isolated.

[Image: EqXnYPb.jpg]

There is a German supply source in that hex. it will not show up on any of your reports if you have fog of war on.

David
12-26-2015, 11:18 PM,
Ah, ok.
Is this a general thing to expect with bunker hexes and other fortifications ?
12-26-2015, 11:54 PM,
(12-26-2015, 11:18 PM)wiggum Wrote: Ah, ok.
Is this a general thing to expect with bunker hexes and other fortifications ?

It will vary from scenario to scenario. Usually an objective will have it's own supply source, but there will be some exceptions.

David
12-27-2015, 12:21 AM,
Thanks for letting me know what is going on. 

All I was doing was playing against the AI.

Would sending you my file help at all?

Yes, I am really enjoying the new terrain!  Greatly appreciate you creating it.  It defiantly makes things "less cluttered" which makes reading the battlefield, that much more easier, to me.