• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battles of Normandy is a hit!
12-19-2015, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2015, 05:50 AM by Strela.)
Battles of Normandy is a hit!
Hi All,

I just got a note from John that Normandy is the fastest selling game he has published since going solo. Thank you!

I also want to point out that quite a few people from this community were involved in bringing the game to fruition. You'll note the number of familiar names in the credits below. This is the real strength of the Blitz - helping us to bring to life games we all want to play!

Credits

Project Co-ordinator                           David Freer, Glenn Saunders                       

Scenario Design                                  Rick Bancroft, Dave ‘Blackie’ Blackburn, Jeff Conner, David Freer, Kevin Hankins, Glenn Saunders

Order of Battle                                   Mike Avanzini, David Freer, Glenn Saunders

Planning Maps                                    Mike Avanzini

Game Maps                                         Dave ‘Blackie’ Blackburn, David Freer, David 'Davemic' Michas

Unit Graphics/Game Art                    Joe Amoral, David Freer

Game Documentation                        Mike Avanzini, David Freer

Play Testing     Eric Baker, Rick ‘Ricky B’ Bancroft, Brian ‘Dogsoldier’ Bedford, Julio ‘JC’ Cabrera, Jeff Conner, Stephen Duncan, David Freer, Kevin ‘Kuriltai’ Hankins, César ‘Indragnir’ Librán Moreno, Phil Niven, Ed ‘Richie61’ Pacitto, Dennis ‘Landser34’ Suttman, Martin Svendsen, Ed ‘Volcano Man’ Williams

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2015, 05:52 AM,
RE: Battles of Normandy is a hit!
Hi David

I'm glad it is doing well.

Congrats on running this project.
12-19-2015, 06:06 AM,
Thanks for sharing that information with us.

I am not surprised and IIRC, I predicted that Normandy would be a hit.   Whistle

When you create a super good game that has really good looking maps and really sweet unit art work and you combine it with a very well run teaser thread, it is a winner winner chicken dinner!   Propeller Hat

Congratulations!

Thumbs Up
12-19-2015, 11:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2015, 11:13 AM by Buccaneer.)
Day 1 purchase for me!  I might have even left work a little early ... Normandy Fever ... bad case Whistle Helmet Wink
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach
12-19-2015, 12:16 PM,
#1 on my XMAS list so I must wait until 'Santa' delivers it. House rule with kids and grandkids. Big Grin
12-19-2015, 04:44 PM,
One look at the master map ... and I knew that this one will become one of my favorite games to play. Just so much area mapped out and lots of room for new scenarios too!

Thanks "Team Normandy" .... well done guys!
12-19-2015, 06:32 PM,
Yeah, it was my private Christmas present Cant tell anyone else that i would like to have such a game or they act like "WUUUT...WHY NO WISH GTAV ?!" Big Grin
12-20-2015, 01:50 AM,
Good news. So on to France 40 or N. Africa, maybe Barbarossa? Smile
12-20-2015, 03:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2015, 03:51 AM by Xaver.)
Congratulations, to be fair since Tiller has his own shop is easier buy the games and they have more visibilty, maybe the only problem is the activation system, i am not a big fan of DRMs.

There is a video about game in spanish with a review of title, if you want see it is enough to have a good view about game.

Bradley hits the first question for a good game after buy a new game... whats next???  Helmet Wink

In my case i want see North Africa because out of Tunis43 i allways find PzC Africa titles a little... not at the level the battles needed... but is not like PzB has a "small" selection of interesting battles even if we only use the PzC as base.... Market Garden (a lot better for this scale), Budapest, Sicily, Stalingrad, Krete, Minsk... even they can use engine to cover Pacific front, since we see for PzC the fanatic nations rule and that japanese infantry company teaser 4 long years passed... or why not WWI??? at this scale engine has more options than time the poor design team  Rolling Eyes

PD: and remember the modern battles version of engine  Big Grin2
12-20-2015, 08:34 AM,
I have not had a chance to go through everything yet however, from what I have gone through and seen so far, I think that this title has to be the best looking and well put together HPS/JTS game I have seen and owned to date, and I own 64 HPS/JTS titles!!

Just based on the info that is included in the Notes PDF, it is amazing to see how much detail and effort went into it.  I also was very excited to see all of these real WWII pictures in which 95% of them I had never seen before.

I can't wait to play through the Getting Started scenarios and start playing some PBEM again.

I also love the fact that you guys offer so many different unit graphic options so players can easily customize their game to the way they like to view it. 

Best of all, it is all stock!

You guys sure have set a very high benchmark that hopefully future JTS releases will follow!

Very, Very Impressive!

Thanks
Thank you 3