• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cany get my ME game to advance screens from "Resume sqaved Game."
12-01-2015, 06:05 AM,
Cany get my ME game to advance screens from "Resume sqaved Game."
Boisforas here, In my Middle East game when I download my opponents email moves,  I get to7 click on  "RESUME SAVED GAME" nothing happens. I dont get the screen change?! Then I get a box saying Middle East .exe not responding?" Ive treid rebooting the ME game but I still cant get the screen to asdvamce. HELP!!
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2015, 12:40 PM,
RE: Cany get my ME game to advance screens from "Resume sqaved Game."
(12-01-2015, 06:05 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Boisforas here, In my Middle East game when I download my opponents email moves,  I get to7 click on  "RESUME SAVED GAME" nothing happens. I dont get the screen change?! Then I get a box saying Middle East .exe not responding?" Ive treid rebooting the ME game but I still cant get the screen to asdvamce. HELP!!

Are you placing the turn in the Saves Folder?

Do you both have the same scenario files?

Are you both running the 1.01a update?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
12-03-2015, 02:32 AM,
(12-02-2015, 12:40 PM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 06:05 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Boisforas here, In my Middle East game when I download my opponents email moves,  I get to7 click on  "RESUME SAVED GAME" nothing happens. I dont get the screen change?! Then I get a box saying Middle East .exe not responding?" Ive treid rebooting the ME game but I still cant get the screen to asdvamce. HELP!!

Are you placing the turn in the Saves Folder?

Do you both have the same scenario files?

Are you both running the 1.01a update?

Jason Petho

Boisforas here, thanks for the reply. Im placing the files in the Saves folder, as far as I know, my opponents are using the same scenario files because the ME games were working fine until last Saturday & alll of them have the 1.01 update. This problem of not being able to go from the "Resume saved Game" screen to the next screen only happens in ME & it effects all 5 games that Im playing. Matrix told me to go to auto.run. exe , then to properties, then to compatibility, then to Run this program as an administration then hit OK & apply: but this didnt work either. Any ideas? eric
12-04-2015, 08:31 PM,
Hello Eric, that does not sound good... What operating system are you using? What kind of a computer do you have, a laptop or a desktop?

First time I see an error such as this. I am not sure what to suggest. If everything else fails, maybe you should try to i) uninstall the game, ii) reboot, iii) install again?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-05-2015, 09:49 AM,
Eric,

What, if anything changed from Saturday on your system? Also, delete the log files from the logs folder, then load the turn again, and send us your log files, worth a shot!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-05-2015, 02:54 PM,
It just occurred to me that I have not yet updated to 1.01.a. I don't believe it was out when Eric and I started our game and I haven't had much time as of late to worry about it. Could it be that all of Eric's current ME opponents are still using v1.00 and Eric updated his CSME? Would the new version make the older version games bomb? I wouldn't think so, but it's a thought.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-05-2015, 04:18 PM,
Dave, that was a typo. Jason meant to ask if the day-1 patch of 1.00a is installed I am sure.

Incidentally, 1.00a fixed a bug related to moving bw game executables and front end menus.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-06-2015, 02:08 AM,
(12-05-2015, 04:18 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Dave, that was a typo. Jason meant to ask if the day-1 patch of 1.00a is installed I am sure.

Incidentally, 1.00a fixed a bug related to moving bw game executables and front end menus.

Try making yourself a little bat file with the following commands in it:

cd\
cd C:\Matrix Games
del pbemail.* /s
exit

or else manually delete the pbem.xxx and .yyy files.
12-06-2015, 02:11 AM,
(12-03-2015, 02:32 AM)Boisforas Wrote:

Boisforas here, thanks for the reply. Im placing the files in the Saves folder, as far as I know, my opponents are using the same scenario files because the ME games were working fine until last Saturday & alll of them have the 1.01 update. This problem of not being able to go from the "Resume saved Game" screen to the next screen only happens in ME & it effects all 5 games that Im playing. Matrix told me to go to auto.run. exe , then to properties, then to compatibility, then to Run this program as an administration then hit OK & apply: but this didnt work either. Any ideas? eric

In order to debug this, we need for you to post a ZIP file of your entire saves folder, also the logs folder.  From the frontend.log I received (over at the Matrix forum), it appears that the Middle East.exe reads the first two .bte files, then ... nothing.  The issue could be with (1) the file name(s), (2) the contents of the .bte file(s), or (3) something else.  In any case, we can't proceed to investigate this issue without

• the saves folder, all of it
  • the logs folder, all of it
12-06-2015, 03:17 AM,
Follow up at the official Matrix CSME Tech Support forum

PBEM game unable to continue

please.