• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What's going on with CS?
11-08-2015, 02:16 AM,
What's going on with CS?
Hello Campaign Series Folks, Smile

Just thought I'd drop a thread here to see what all of us are doing with CS these day.

For me I am toying around with the new CSME, even got a PBEM game going on "Trouble at Bir Gifgafa" I'm not getting into CSME to far, waiting instead for CSME update in December. So far I am pretty impressed with the new design. I'm not at all a 2D player, but man I am tempted now after the new 2D looks. There are some nice goings on there!

A good friend and I are testing one of my new designs for West Front called "Cat and Mouse". We're into it pretty good and its intense. Hopefully I can get that released to the scenario database for the Holidays.

I'm also in the Forgotten Battles tourney as a member of the Axis team but there is a lull in the fighting at the moment. Got a feeling all heck is going to break loose soon though.

Been reading around the net trying to find some good sources for the fighting around Konigsberg in late 1944, early 1945. I'm trying to get my butt in gear by making a few small to medium scenarios, maybe 4 or 5 in East Front to capture some of the action there. From the little I've read it was a tough engagement for the Germans and Russians both.

With that having been said I am interested to hear what all is going on in the CS World with you folks, Comment if you like.
Thanks
Ivan the Big Cigar5
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2015, 03:10 AM,
RE: What's going on with CS?
Graphics, graphics, graphics....and PBEM!!;-)
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-08-2015, 07:47 PM,
Ha. Just finished the 2D graphics update work on 1.01 so instead of doing graphics graphics graphics I am now testing testing testing... and PBEM. It is all good.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-08-2015, 11:14 PM,
Debugging, debugging, debugging.  And currently no PBEM.  :(
11-10-2015, 02:37 AM,
Finally got CSME and playing "Endgame at Jenin" vs Boisforas. I'm learning the hard way about Israeli Shermans against Pattons. Definitely some strategy adjustments in order.

I didn't think I'd like it much, since I prefer the history of WWII. However, from strictly a strategy standpoint it just picks up where CS WWII leaves off. Very much like meeting up with an old friend. I find myself hitting the F2 key a lot to see what a specific unit is and what it was used for. All in all I was having a pretty good time getting my clock cleaned before Eric started having email issues.

More than anything I think CSME is desperate for the scenario designer community. "Endgame..." is pretty lopsided. Be interesting to see which scenarios become the favorites over time and which fall by the wayside. Probably too early to tell which scenarios are balanced based on current results. Still, anyone have any favorites yet?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-15-2015, 12:30 PM,
(11-10-2015, 02:37 AM)Scud Wrote: Finally got CSME and playing "Endgame at Jenin" vs Boisforas. I'm learning the hard way about Israeli Shermans against Pattons. Definitely some strategy adjustments in order.

I didn't think I'd like it much, since I prefer the history of WWII. However, from strictly a strategy standpoint it just picks up where CS WWII leaves off. Very much like meeting up with an old friend. I find myself hitting the F2 key a lot to see what a specific unit is and what it was used for. All in all I was having a pretty good time getting my clock cleaned before Eric started having email issues.

More than anything I think CSME is desperate for the scenario designer community. "Endgame..." is pretty lopsided. Be interesting to see which scenarios become the favorites over time and which fall by the wayside. Probably too early to tell which scenarios are balanced based on current results. Still, anyone have any favorites yet?

Dave

Boisforas here with maybe a "quick fix" for the otherwise interesting "Jenin" scenario, to whit: space out the arrival of the Jordanian 40 Armored Brigade so the Israeli Shermans dont get overwhelmed. If the 40 AB had been traveling all night, maybe a little fatique factor could be introduced. So Im off to Amazon to what kind of tactical books I can find about the Arab-Israeli wars!