• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hotkeys in Red Victory
10-31-2015, 02:27 AM,
Help  Hotkeys in Red Victory
Hi guys!  Smile I´ve noticed Red Victory is an extraordinary game, but...

I´m not able to find the hotkeys. The general help (in help menu) doesn´t work and F1, F4 & F5 are totally useless.

On another note, Is there any plans to update de SB series? 

Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2015, 01:21 PM,
RE: Hotkeys in Red Victory
The hotkeys for Red Victory are found on the last page of the Manual (not the User's Manual, the one that describes all the menu choices). I don't use hotkeys very often, so I am probably not the right person to ask about their use. Some of them may not work anymore, such as those that bring up the manuals, as Windows Help files are no longer supported and all of the game manuals are pdf files.

As for updates to the SB engine or new titles, I wouldn't hold my breath (meaning don't expect anything real soon). There are a couple of titles in development, but some of the designers are working on other projects right now and a couple others are no longer active doing design work. There are still mods being created. Ed Pacitto (Richie61) posts his work here fairly often.

If you have any specific questions, I will try and answer them, but if I talk too much, there may be a knock on my door in the wee hours of the morning.

Jeff
10-31-2015, 09:32 PM,
Yes, it is in the sqb.pdf.

Really sad Squad Battles are abandoned by JTS since they have a great potential. Guess the AI makes a decent work in small scenarios.

I have the "JM RV mod pack v1.10a"; the Wodin vehicle mod and a couple of scenario packs (Stalingrad and VoTG). I´ll take a look to those Richie61 mods, hope they are compatible with "JM RV mod pack". Of course any other links for mods will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help, Jeff.
11-01-2015, 01:21 AM,
The AI is so-so, but where the system shines is PBEM! Take the plunge and get a game or two going. Humans are crafty!

I use hotkeys lots! Especially the "F" for hold fire (in the games where this has been added) This one saves lots of time since you do not have to bring up the command menu every time.

I also use the number pad keys for moving and especially "0" for ground up or down. In scenarios with exit objectives, the "X" key is nice.

I am always using "C" which highlights how far a unit or stack can travel in hexes, and "S" for what hexes are visible from the given hex.

Hope this helps!
11-01-2015, 02:53 AM,
If you haven't checked out Task Force Echo Four https://tfe4.wordpress.com/ , I would recommend that you do so. It is the home of most things related to SB.

I did not say that SB has been abandoned, only that most of the energy has been directed elsewhere at the moment. I would like to tackle another SB project, but I am currently working on helping David Freer with his second PzB title and when that is done, I am going to start another project. It would be at least a couple of years before I could start up another SB project. Perhaps someone here would like to take up the mantle?
11-02-2015, 12:53 AM,
Thank you guys.  Helmet Wink

I´ve been reading interesting articles about SB here, however a few links are broken (issues 3,4,6,8,10).

Where can I get these articles?
11-02-2015, 03:42 AM,
(11-02-2015, 12:53 AM)Pepe Botijo Wrote: Thank you guys.  Helmet Wink

I´ve been reading interesting articles about SB here, however a few links are broken (issues 3,4,6,8,10).

Where can I get these articles?

There are some here.

https://tfe4.wordpress.com/supply-sectio...-archives/
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
11-02-2015, 08:05 AM,
Hey Richie, that´s the same site where the links are broken.
11-02-2015, 08:56 AM,
(11-02-2015, 08:05 AM)Pepe Botijo Wrote: Hey Richie, that´s the same site where the links are broken.

I clicked on a few of them and they seemed to work. Maybe Alan can help.

I just went right into PBEM after 5 turns of solol AI. I have a few wins and I have never read the manual Jester

On the job training from Dan and Dennis Tempted
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
11-08-2015, 12:04 AM,
They are working for me as well. Oftentimes the Chrome browser doesn't work well with the site. Firefox just worked for me....
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4