• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Grumblers musing
10-13-2015, 09:40 AM,
Grumblers musing
Yup. Bought it.
I hope enjoyment can eventually come. My two forays into PBEM have been awful. Tornado
I hope I did not waste my money.

Disappointing (the one word that comes to mind each time I press the button.)
Tried the boot camps. OK. Idea2

I hope PBEM balance will become a priority. Scale

It is easy on the eyes. But, I hope the 2-D crowd does not take it completely over.
Don't care for the LOS rules. Hope they are not ported over to the Campaign Series.

I do hope that ME and the Vietnam releases will stand alone.
In my opinion you should not mess too much with EF/WF/RS. Please. That could suck the fun right out of playing.

Windows 8.1 (turned it into Win10) and now this ... CSME. 

Now I know what Earl felt like. Maybe my time will come sooner than later. Sweep

Thanks team! Farmer
10-13-2015, 11:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 12:30 PM by zap.)
RE: Grumblers musing
I'm an old dog that does not want to learn new tricks. I've been on the fence with this one because I'm more WWII.  Then I see this post. Its been almost a hundred % liking ME. Is it really that bad, that Its only a visual improvement?
2 pbem games. I wish you would have waited until you had a few more.
10-13-2015, 09:50 PM,
Picnic at Tel al Ful (Campaign Series: Middle East 1948 -1985)

Israel: Herr Straße Laufer
Jordan: Boisforas
Israel Major Loss

That is intended to be played against HAL.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
10-13-2015, 11:30 PM,
I understand that the one reported game and probably the one that I am in the middle of right now (four turns in and will start the fifth, of 14, with only four tank platoons left) are designed versus the AI.

Versus the AI? Regardless, I play the ones that my opponents choose. It worked for CS. Plenty of versus AI could be played against a human opponent. Never, ever, had this experience before. Especially to this degree!

Don't get me wrong. I do like the looks of the new game. I even like some of the new units. Helicopters are cool. I even laughed when a sniper shot one down.
But, I am not fond of the LOS rules.
And, there is the bridge building within six minutes that gets me too!

Zap, in addition to playing the two PBEM games, I've played the boot camps a half a dozen times each, along with the first couple 'size 2' scenarios (more than twice each and from both sides). If you think I am judging too quickly...  sobeit. I stated that I was musing and what I was musing over. It really does not take much to form an opinion?
And, am not an "instant pop up, yes man". Never was ... and never will be. So I will not be a cheer leader simply because someone wants me to be. Hamster Wheel

Cheers6

HSL
10-13-2015, 11:50 PM,
It's not the same old, so assuming that the designs will be the same probably isn't the best approach. 

When mentioned they are for play against HAL, it is done so for a reason. 

Even still, that particular scenario is quite winnable against Side B, it just requires a slightly different strategy than one would expect. Side B has severe limitations and the Israeli's have the forces to exploit them. 

Yay for replayability!
Send this user an email
10-14-2015, 04:19 AM,
Duh!
Even the explanations are predictable.

HSL
10-14-2015, 05:17 AM,
Consistent, informative, prompt and insightful? 

Absolutely!
Send this user an email
10-14-2015, 05:48 AM,
Hey Ed,

I retired after 29 years as a probation officer!!!!    WHEW! 

Tornado

I was a Beta Tester with ME and  I struggled sometimes grasping/mastering the new additions.  What I have liked about the additions is it offers flexibility so folks like us can choose which LOS we enjoy the most. We can play the LOS like the EF/WF games or the new LOS by selecting the option. 

We can also choose which assault rules we want.

The ME game offers a choice for those that like 2D or those that like 3D (me). 

They have some new units which is refreshing. 

I am not a cheer leader, but I welcome keeping the game system alive. 

I hope you are well !!!  cheers
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" --Ronald Reagan
10-14-2015, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 06:00 AM by Scud.)
I still haven't gotten it yet, though I will. Just wanted to step in and remind you, Ed, that CS, after all these years, is still a work in progress. ME is version 1.0, so will need time to improve and play the kinks out. I'm guessing it will improve as designers step in and the H2H process kicks in. Give it a chance and make note of areas that can be improved, as well as things that maybe should be dropped.

I would also remind the developers that constructive criticism is a good thing and what the forums here are best at. Try not to be so in love with your baby that you're blind to flaws. My two cents.

As always, keep it civil, please.  Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-14-2015, 07:13 AM,
Understood, Scud. 

Are there flaws, yes, of course. And we have been admitting to them over on the matrix forums, providing prompt support for when they occur. 

Flaws are helpfully noted when they are specific, blanket statements don't help and aren't productive.
Send this user an email