• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Middle East
09-27-2015, 08:51 AM,
RE: Middle East
(09-26-2015, 03:07 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 12:39 AM)RADO Wrote: Played another scenario this AM. I cracked up when I realized killing civilians costs one points! Sooooooo, i guess we see terrorist tactics built right into the game! Gotta love it!

It is pretty cool actually. It doesn't end there! 

With Civilians around (and they are like -9VP IIRC), you can't have your Op Fire setting on, as you fire at them when they move, you can't call but for spotted artillery, if that, in fear of hitting them, and air strikes are a strict no-no.

Helmet Smile
Everyone,

Play the Suez '56 scenario as France/UK, you will learn all you need to know about civilians.  I know I did.  My first play of this was gratuitous spamming of firepower and at the end it was extremely hard to get a victory out of it because that -9 VP adds up when there are so many civilians in your path.  Also, once they get hit with arty and unfixed, Jason had a tendency to throw them under the bus and into the path of my advance.  LOL, good times.

Enjoy,

Jim
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2015, 06:29 PM,
Hi Mike! Hi folks, I just bought the game but I am unable to play it. If I click on play scenario and then the OK button I get taken back to the initial splash screen and go around in circles. Nobody else reporting this problem?

Cheers,
Chris
09-27-2015, 08:37 PM,
(09-27-2015, 06:29 PM)Hobbes Wrote: I just bought the game but I am unable to play it. If I click on play scenario and then the OK button I get taken back to the initial splash screen and go around in circles. Nobody else reporting this problem?

[in future, would it be possible to post tech support issues at the Matrix Forum?]

If you would, please

* delete every file in the game logs folder
* do what you describe above just once
* zip up the contents of your logs folder
* post the zip file, else send as e-mail attachment (robert [dot] osterlund [at] comcast [dot] net)

The log files should give us a good clue.
09-27-2015, 08:55 PM,
Thanks berto, file sent. I did raise the issue on the Matrix forum.

Cheers,
Chris
09-27-2015, 09:10 PM,
(09-27-2015, 08:55 PM)Hobbes Wrote: Thanks berto, file sent. I did raise the issue on the Matrix forum.

Thanks, file received.

Okay, not here then.   Wink
09-28-2015, 12:36 AM,
(09-27-2015, 09:10 PM)berto Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 08:55 PM)Hobbes Wrote: Thanks berto, file sent. I did raise the issue on the Matrix forum.

Thanks, file received.

Okay, not here then.   Wink

As mentioned on the Matrix forum - all working now. Thanks. Possibly an anti-virus problem.

Cheers,
Chris