• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Couple of questions...
07-26-2015, 12:34 AM,
Couple of questions...
Hello all - Finally decided to get going with the next generation of combat mission games - still just poking my way around with single player and only have CMBN so far.

A couple of questions I can't find answers to with searches:

1. Is it possible for vehicles like halftracks to get more ammo during the battle if they run out like infantry do?

2. It seems like when one of my men lies wounded, he often looks like he's in a space between two tiles - it's hard to tell what highlighted tile to put a healthy man in for medic purposes - any tricks to tell?

Thanks,
DK
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2015, 11:04 PM,
RE: Couple of questions...
(07-26-2015, 12:34 AM)Der Kuenstler Wrote: Hello all - Finally decided to get going with the next generation of combat mission games - still just poking my way around with single player and only have CMBN so far.

Welcome. I hope you are having fun.

(07-26-2015, 12:34 AM)Der Kuenstler Wrote: 1. Is it possible for vehicles like halftracks to get more ammo during the battle if they run out like infantry do?

No. There was some discussion about adding ammo levelling so that a tank in a platoon that is running low could get some ammo from its platoon mates but I don't think that actually made it in.

(07-26-2015, 12:34 AM)Der Kuenstler Wrote: 2. It seems like when one of my men lies wounded, he often looks like he's in a space between two tiles - it's hard to tell what highlighted tile to put a healthy man in for medic purposes - any tricks to tell?

Yeah that is tricky. What I usually do is choose one of the Action Squares and see what happens. Often one team member will move over and take care of him. If they don't the other trick I use is to get my aid team also between the ASs as well. To do that give them a slow move from one AS to the other and a 45s pause. That way they will wait for most of the turn and then start crawling to the other AS. Then in the orders phase you can cancel the rest of the move order and at least some of the team will be in that in between area of the ASs. Between those two things it will work.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
07-27-2015, 05:43 AM,
RE: Couple of questions...
OK thank you!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift