• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Greetings
07-17-2015, 10:45 AM,
Greetings
Perusing the board for the first time in a long time...and thought I would just drop a quick note to the old timers to say hello. Glad to see that there is still activity in the CS universe. I must say, it warmed my heart to see Jim Puff's memory retained in the record books. Probably the most formidable opponent I ever met here...God rest his soul.
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2015, 04:52 PM,
RE: Greetings
Good to hear from you Don!!
07-17-2015, 04:55 PM,
Welcome back Don, good to see you on the forums again! I played some of my very first CS scenarios against you some 13 years ago, I still remember those games and how patient you were with me as a beginner. I've also enjoyed playing your custom Battle of the Bulge scenarios over the years. Brings back some really good memories! All the best, Mike Cheers3
07-17-2015, 09:46 PM,
Good to see you, Don!

Hope all is well in your world!
Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-18-2015, 12:08 AM,
Thanks for dropping by Don. Don't be a stranger. Welcome Back

Martini

HSL
07-18-2015, 04:40 AM,
Hi Don. Only now am I getting ready to read your book. Been looking forward to it.
07-18-2015, 06:11 AM,
Hey Don!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-18-2015, 10:22 AM,
(07-17-2015, 09:46 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: Good to see you, Don!

Hope all is well in your world!
Jason Petho

All is well Jason! I've been incredibly busy the past few years with the restaurant business. But still have had time to keep my WWII interest alive. I had the honor of delivering the keynote at the 70th reunion of the Veterans of the Bulge this past December..an awesome experience, with the oldest vet in the room being 100 years old (from the 101st). There were veterans present from most of the participating divisions.

Al Irzyk is still in good health at the age of 98 (for those unfamiliar, commanded the 8th tank battalion). Sharp as a tack. I had the opportunity to visit with him twice this past year.

I hope your cartography business has prospered!
07-18-2015, 10:23 AM,
(07-18-2015, 12:08 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Thanks for dropping by Don. Don't be a stranger. Welcome Back

Martini

HSL

I shall return. Heck, I may even log in a game or two. :)
07-18-2015, 10:25 AM,
(07-17-2015, 04:55 PM)Der Landser Wrote: Welcome back Don, good to see you on the forums again! I played some of my very first CS scenarios against you some 13 years ago, I still remember those games and how patient you were with me as a beginner. I've also enjoyed playing your custom Battle of the Bulge scenarios over the years. Brings back some really good memories! All the best, Mike Cheers3

Thanks...it is great to see the scenarios still getting some play. It is hard to believe how much time has passed since designing them!