Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
07-12-2015, 09:12 AM,
Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 07:57 PM,
RE: Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Hello Karl,

I also have everything from CM except for CMA. Wink

Playing in a ladder system resp. reporting a game result to the ladder is pretty easy.
The administrators of the Blitz made it a kind of self-explaining process while you only need
to pick the correct answers/information from an unfolding pull down menu - very clever! Wink
You may click on "Report A Game" in the menu panel on the top of this site just to test it how it works
(but don't really report a game/don't press the red button LOL!) Whistle

Shall we do a large Allied attack in a mirror match? This means that we play two games on the same map, one as attacker (Allied) and one as defender (Axis). This would be two game results to report to the ladder.

In addition to your pre-planned arty proposal (which should be a self talking rule for everyone) Wink
I would also like to limitate the German and Russian big tanks because it is no fun to always face two or three Panthers, Tigers etc.

It is a rule that has been invented by "Wynnter Green" and it says that we have to buy three "medium" tanks first before we can buy one Tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, Kingtiger, JS-1, JS-2 etc. (allthough originally in WWII the Panther was supposed to be a medium tank, here in this rule it counts as a big cat.
And then again three medium (Panzer IV, Stug etc.), one big - and so on.

Which theatre would you like to play? CMBN, CMFI or CMRT?

I can also send two to three turns a day.

Hope you are interested. Helmet Smile

Best greetings

Shork
07-12-2015, 10:50 PM,
Yes. This sounds good. I will play any of the titles but I would pick CMFI just because I have only ever played one PBEM game in this title. How should we get it started?
07-12-2015, 11:05 PM,
CMFI sounds good - thank you for gaming with me! Helmet Smile

I've sent you a DB invite. Now I can pick a map and start a mirror battle according to the preferences we will agree on. But you may set up the games as well, of course, if you want to.

Would you like to play in winter or summer?

Other settings I would like to suggest are:

day, clear, rarity strict, difficulty elite, mixed forces, Italian mainland (not Sicilly),
45 minutes, large battle

(everything can be negotiated, of course)
07-12-2015, 11:17 PM,
This all sounds good to me. I would pick winter just because I have not fought any winter PBEM games. Just ones against the AI.

Will you initiate both battles and will they/can they be in the same DB folder?

I joined the DB folder you sent.
07-12-2015, 11:41 PM,
Yes, they can.

OK, I will look for a suitable map and create us two battles. Read2
07-13-2015, 03:49 AM,
Due to the snow I have extended the playtime to 60 mins. Hope you like the map - if not, we will change it,
of course. "Clear" weather was not available in connection with snow. When you choose snow from the weather menu, there is always falling snow from the sky too. (Which is not right in my opinion).
I chose "light snow" (instead of "deep snow" or "snowstorm").

So no weather for airplanes - just mentioning it. Helmet Wink

Anyway, I hope you like the setting and I wish you good luck and a lot of fun! Helmet Smile