• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Divided Ground: Eight 'Chinese Farm' scenarios by Alan R. Arvold now in Scenario DB
05-25-2015, 01:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2015, 01:57 AM by Crossroads.)
New Game  Divided Ground: Eight 'Chinese Farm' scenarios by Alan R. Arvold now in Scenario DB
Here's this weekend's treat, this time in a form of eight (8) Divided Ground scenarios by Alan R. Arvold. These have not been around before, so a Grand Premiere it is, I believe Helmet Smile

One of the big battles of the 1973 Yom Kippur War was the battle of Chinese Farm. Yet the game Divided Ground did not have a scenario for it though it certainly deserved one. As it was a Chinese Farm scenario was being designed for the game when it was in development, but as is well known the development was cut drastically short as Talonsoft wanted to get the game out before they went under.

What was left in the game was the map that was developed for the scenario and two scenarios that were quickly made, one being a test scenario that was used to test out the game system, and the other being the Botzer scenario where the Egyptian 25 th Armored Brigade gets destroyed.

That’s not very exciting if you ask me. Well I am going to change that now. In this set are eight scenarios dealing with the Battle of Chinese Farm. Each deals with a day or night phase of the four day battle. Each scenario is complete and has its own victory conditions. The scenarios are not linked in a campaign and thus the outcome of a scenario does not affect the set up or conditions of the next one on the list. Each scenario uses a common mapsheet and the order of battle for each scenario comes from a master order of battle for the entire series.

Also included in this set are the revised versions of the scenarios “The Most Terrible Night” and “Across the Purple Line”, both by Al Sandrik, which can be found on the Games Depot website.

Get them from here: LINK

Again, I don't own Divided Ground so any issues with the files please report here. Please use the corresponding Generic SM template to report any ladder games played.

Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply