• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM:A mujahideen / tribal militia opponent needed for some HTH / PBEM action
04-24-2015, 11:23 PM,
CM:A mujahideen / tribal militia opponent needed for some HTH / PBEM action
As per thread topic - drop me line if interested, the guys at CMX2 forums directed me here though I could have only see CM:SF covered here which I also happen to have and am going to buy the full addon bundle any time soon so I guess I am also going to be interested in finding a potential opponent for that, either side should be fine with me, but in CM:A I am taking the USSR side.
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2015, 11:15 AM,
RE: CM:A mujahideen / tribal militia opponent needed for some HTH / PBEM action
Sure i'll play, i've just mailed you
and remember USSR lost that war ;)

(04-24-2015, 11:23 PM)burroughs Wrote: As per thread topic - drop me line if interested, the guys at CMX2 forums directed me here though I could have only see CM:SF covered here which I also happen to have and am going to buy the full addon bundle any time soon so I guess I am also going to be interested in finding a potential opponent for that, either side should be fine with me, but in CM:A I am taking the USSR side.
04-28-2015, 12:01 AM,
You've just been taken on then, thanks for a prompt reply.

So far all I can tell you is that I have been studying both the Vietnam War and the Soviet - Afghan War for well over a decade and for all practical purposes there's little one can possibly tell me I don't know about - but you are right as a matter of fact. That is exactly why I play the Soviets in Afghanistan and the SEATO in Vietnam - everybody can play on the winning side and it's so boring.

I'll be back in few hours with my ideas and / or the setup itself.
04-28-2015, 02:30 AM,
can't wait for playing with you, i hear already ak's on the poppy fields
just forgot to say i can play only by mail, my net fails too much, hope that's ok

and about my last commentary on who won the soviet-afghan war i didn't want to be political or teach you nothing (you seem to know history), sincerely i don't believe anyone or any country wins any war, in fact all mankind looses them
but with CM games it's different :)

(04-28-2015, 12:01 AM)burroughs Wrote: You've just been taken on then, thanks for a prompt reply.

So far all I can tell you is that I have been studying both the Vietnam War and the Soviet - Afghan War for well over a decade and for all practical purposes there's little one can possibly tell me I don't know about - but you are right as a matter of fact. That is exactly why I play the Soviets in Afghanistan and the SEATO in Vietnam - everybody can play on the winning side and it's so boring.

I'll be back in few hours with my ideas and / or the setup itself.
04-28-2015, 02:56 AM,
Sure I understand, no offence taken or made I hope, as a matter of fact nobody has ever won in Afghanistan, no foreign force at least. Mail is absolutely fine with me, I am having issues with Dropbox and other stuff like this, but has been mastering PBEMing for the past years. Feel free to voice any comments and insights you feel like - if not necessarily here on the forums, it's public more or less after all then in direct contact with me, but mostly it is going to be a combat contact which will sort all of the issues out with full force. Back later in the day, I need to handle some of my other games first.