• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

novice mod question
04-23-2015, 06:06 AM,
novice mod question
Hello. I'm very new to JTS games and the system. I have a couple of questions, if anyone has time to help.
1. Just bought this FWW title and I can't seem to find any graphics mods for it. Can anyone advise if there are any? Very grateful for all help. I have WW too and a great graphics mod for that, but can't find anything for FWW.
2. How do I go about finding opponents for PBEM (once I've got my head round the system) using either WW or FWW? Do I just post in here looking for a fight?

Many thanks.

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2015, 07:12 AM,
RE: novice mod question
Welcome to the club Wink

I can't help you with 1) but for a PBEM game just post which title and scenario you would like to play, if you are still new to the system it is always best to start with small scenarios and then move to larger ones as you gain experience Smile
04-23-2015, 07:46 AM,
Welcome Phoenix!!

Welcome to our Band of Brothers! I hope you will find lots of good info here, as well as meet up with some great folks for playing Squad Battles. I know I have!

Can't help you the FWW mod question either, but someone will before long, I am confident. FWW is, I believe, the second most recent release (the most recent is the demo game Granada) so it just might be that none of the usual modding suspects have had time to get to work.

I recently purchased WW but have not yet had time to load it or try it. Real Life and Professional issues have me fairly well swamped right now, so I have had to scale back on gaming time. Otherwise, I would be glad to offer you a game. Squad battle shines in the PBEM environment, and there are many really good players who will also help you get better.

Again, welcome, and I hope that when things settle down this summer, we can square off in Finland!

Steve
04-23-2015, 08:18 AM,
Thanks Steve. The WW game seems excellent. The FWW game is harder. I'll keep at both. Once I feel confident enough I'll post a request for games, perhaps.

Thanks Mr. Grumpy, also.

Be nice to get an answer to the mod question. I've searched everywhere I would assume the mod would appear, but no joy.

Cheers.

Peter
04-28-2015, 01:25 AM,
Welcome to the Blitz!

The only FWW work that has been put out there was this:

https://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-...world-war/

Someone is currently working on one, not sure what the progress is there.

Do a search of the forum for FWW. There have been many discussions on the game since it came out. It is a very different SB game from the rest. Strategies and tactics used in other games cannot be applied to FWW due to the density of the manpower on the ground. Volcano Man was the designer of the game and is here on the Blitz. Feel free to fire questions out to the board and I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
04-28-2015, 06:23 AM,
Thanks for the welcome, and the answer and advice.

Peter