• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

(CLOSED) TOC FWWC F '14 & EP '14 PBEM team game campaigns
03-30-2015, 02:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015, 09:42 AM by burroughs.)
New Game  (CLOSED) TOC FWWC F '14 & EP '14 PBEM team game campaigns
Two more participants for either Entente or Central Powers side sought - there may be two slots in the OHL and one in Entente Cordiale camps. Custom optional rules enforced to promote realism, perhaps a few house rules to be negotiated with the same purpose. There is already Entente team completed, but with a likely transition of one player to the other side. We're both intermediate to experienced level players.
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2015, 04:48 AM,
RE: TOC FWWC F '14 & EP '14 PBEM team game campaigns
Hi!
I might be interested in your proposal, but I need to better understand the situation.
This is why some questions:
1) What are the scenarios that do you would like to play?
2) How many people make up each team?
The effort required depends on the number of players and the type of scenario:
3) In your programs, how many armies do should control each player?
Because I'm playing several matches, this last question is very important!
Tempus fugit!
Until next time! Smile
Bye
Fabio
03-30-2015, 05:39 AM,
So far this offer has to remain on hold - we're complete for the time being.
03-30-2015, 12:15 PM,
(03-30-2015, 02:29 AM)burroughs Wrote: Two more participants for either Entente or Central Powers side sought - there may be two slots in the OHL and one in Entente Cordiale camps. Custom optional rules enforced to promote realism, perhaps a few house rules to be negotiated with the same purpose. There is already Entente team completed, but with a likely transition of one player to the other side. We're both intermediate to experienced level players.

I'll play a German army or two. Sign me up.

Tquinn
Send this user an email
03-31-2015, 07:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 10:20 AM by Volcano Man.)
A couple of things:

1) If you want the latest scenario then let me know. It isn't necessary though, just an option. ;)

2) I have since discovered that a game engine change will be required (in the next title, and will be carried into F14 after that) which limits the rail capacity at certain dates of the campaign. It should be a house rule that neither side EMBARKS units into rail mode before August 27th. On and after that date is fine. This is because rail capacity was essentially occupied fully at the start of the campaign, with mobilization duties. EP14 is fine here, use rail movement if it is available - only F14 suffers from this.

3) I noticed in the first post that you said 'custom optional rules to promote realism'. Well, I went through great pains to balance the game with the default optional rules and also took realism into account (of course) and I cannot see what changes you would make to them to 'promote realism'. All I can say is, the scenarios were balanced with the default rules, so change them at your own risk - I wouldn't recommend changing it too drastically for the Grand Campaign though. Just saying. Whistle
Send this user an email
03-31-2015, 11:56 PM,
Thanks a lot, somehow I missed that last replay here before so yes please, I'd like to have the newest version of the scenario. "Promoting realism" here in particular means sticking to default rules mainly so you can feel flattered enough if necessary, on most occasions it's just a good thing to say at the beginning to mimic a wise guy or whatever.A bit of a void propaganda if one wishes.

To me in WWI it's reduced to using explicit supply to handle the logistical burden manually, but in such large undertakings I have been smart enough to stick to VSTs.
04-01-2015, 04:14 AM,
(03-31-2015, 11:56 PM)burroughs Wrote: To me in WWI it's reduced to using explicit supply to handle the logistical burden manually, but in such large undertakings I have been smart enough to stick to VSTs.

Good choice, there are more than enough units in the campaign without adding the ES units in as well Big Grin, the VST rule works very well in both PzC and FWWC titles IMO.
04-01-2015, 05:32 AM,
Ok, just had to be sure. :)

If you want the latest version of the campaign then please email me at

volcano (at) volcanomods (dot) com

...and I will send you the files.
Send this user an email
04-02-2015, 08:36 PM,
(03-31-2015, 07:23 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: I have since discovered that a game engine change will be required (in the next title, and will be carried into F14 after that) which limits the rail capacity at certain dates of the campaign. It should be a house rule that neither side EMBARKS units into rail mode before August 27th. On and after that date is fine. This is because rail capacity was essentially occupied fully at the start of the campaign, with mobilization duties.
If the next title will also have to deal with mobilization issues, I hope this means that it will cover Galicia and Serbia. Helmet Wink
04-03-2015, 07:15 AM,
(04-02-2015, 08:36 PM)Amadeus Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 07:23 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: I have since discovered that a game engine change will be required (in the next title, and will be carried into F14 after that) which limits the rail capacity at certain dates of the campaign. It should be a house rule that neither side EMBARKS units into rail mode before August 27th. On and after that date is fine. This is because rail capacity was essentially occupied fully at the start of the campaign, with mobilization duties.
If the next title will also have to deal with mobilization issues, I hope this means that it will cover Galicia and Serbia. Helmet Wink

Perhaps, but rail movement and varied rail availability played a role in all fronts and at all periods of the war. Big Grin
Send this user an email