• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Flare for daisy / raz_atoth
01-02-2015, 06:42 PM,
Flare For_#1  Flare for daisy / raz_atoth
Hi guys,

it has now been a long time since I haven't received anything from you in our games:

- TWC Right Hook at Valguarnera vs. daisy - 30 days
- King Ludwig vs. raz_atoth - 33 days

Some communication would be nice, especially since these games have been dragging on for months now and it is quite clear that you don't really want to finish them.
I would like to discuss terms to terminate these games, so therefore please contact me.

If I haven't heard from you after this weekend, I will end the games and claim Total Victory on the 5th of January.

Regards,

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2015, 06:39 AM,
RE: Flare for daisy / raz_atoth
(01-02-2015, 06:42 PM)Mad Mike Wrote: Hi guys,

it has now been a long time since I haven't received anything from you in our games:

Some communication would be nice, especially since these games have been dragging on for months now and it is quite clear that you don't really want to finish them.
I would like to discuss terms to terminate these games, so therefore please contact me.

If I haven't heard from you after this weekend, I will end the games and claim Total Victory on the 5th of January.

Regards,

Mike
Mike you have waited long enough, if you have tried to get in touch with your opponents
with out any answer Then go for a win now, it's in the rules mate
01-03-2015, 09:01 PM,
(01-03-2015, 06:39 AM)Hedgehog Wrote:

Regards,

Mike
Mike you have waited long enough, if you have tried to get in touch with your opponents

Hi Hedgehog,

is it like this? Must the Ladder Commander be informed about it?
01-04-2015, 01:05 AM,
(01-03-2015, 09:01 PM)Toblakai Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 06:39 AM)Hedgehog Wrote:

Regards,

Mike

Hi Hedgehog,

is it like this? Must the Ladder Commander be informed about it?
No need to get in touch with the ladder Commander, Bear in mind you must have tried to get in touch with them, if no answer then go ahead and claim your win......My self I think it really bad they haven't got in touch with you, Lets be sensible about this, if you have waited all that time You my Friend are doing nothing wrong, my self if I don't hear from an opponent after 3 weeks the Victory is mine
01-04-2015, 02:43 AM,
Mad Mike

Raz_atoth emailed me that his father took ill. That was about 14 days ago.
01-04-2015, 06:49 PM,
(01-04-2015, 02:43 AM)Floki Wrote: Mad Mike

Raz_atoth emailed me that his father took ill. That was about 14 days ago.
At least Raz as put you in the picture.........Daisy.. Just e-mail and say you are going for a Victory
01-04-2015, 10:39 PM,
It is correct that there is no need to preemptively contact the ladder commander to claim victory however if a dispute arises you do need to show that you made several attempts to contact your opponent. And having a few email at various levels of tardiness and a post here including a final appeal would cover you nicely.

So, I approve of posting here after the 21 day limit saying something like "I'll give you a couple more days and then I'm going to claim victory". Provided you have a few earlier emails in hand.

Sounds like Raz is having a tough holiday period - bummer. You might want to give him a bit more time even if he should have technically contacted you too.
01-04-2015, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015, 11:13 PM by Mad Mike.)
Hi guys,

thanks for the comments.

I will proceed as announced, since both games have now been going for quite long (9 months and 6 months respectively).
Even if I would get a turn back now, I would maybe have to wait another month for the next turn. In one game, we have played 10 minutes in 6 months, where in the other it was a little bit more than 60 minutes in 9 months. It is also not my responsibility to constantly nag people about playing when it is clear that they don't want to / have other priorities.

I hope it is clear why this is not a feasible way of playing and it is not due to any fault of mine.
I can understand if Real Life interferes for whatever reasons, but it has nothing to do with the games as such and would be a very bad reason to keep these "Zombie games" alive.

Cheers,

Mike
01-27-2015, 06:11 AM,
(01-04-2015, 11:12 PM)Mad Mike Wrote: Hi guys,

thanks for the comments.

I will proceed as announced, since both games have now been going for quite long (9 months and 6 months respectively).
Even if I would get a turn back now, I would maybe have to wait another month for the next turn. In one game, we have played 10 minutes in 6 months, where in the other it was a little bit more than 60 minutes in 9 months. It is also not my responsibility to constantly nag people about playing when it is clear that they don't want to / have other priorities.

I hope it is clear why this is not a feasible way of playing and it is not due to any fault of mine.
I can understand if Real Life interferes for whatever reasons, but it has nothing to do with the games as such and would be a very bad reason to keep these "Zombie games" alive.

Cheers,

Mike

Don't even remotely sweat it. Some people run into real life issues and (though it's rude) an ongoing wargame loses its importance. Some people are horrendous losers and can't stand the idea of losing. As someone said above, retain a copy of your attempts to contact people and report your game at the proper interval. You'd be surprised how many people will come back once you report the game as abandoned and want to start talking :)