• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Taleban / Pakistani opponent for the Long War sought
12-22-2014, 05:17 PM,
Opponent Needed  Taleban / Pakistani opponent for the Long War sought
The last call before I am running off my PBEM handling capacity goes for a Taleban / Pakistani opponent for the Long War mod - I lost my last and only opponent some time ago after a couple of scenarios and am still reading "The Outlaws ..." so ... Besides I doubt anyone will appear so no qualms or second thoughts here.
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2014, 07:29 PM,
RE: Taleban / Pakistani opponent for the Long War sought
hello,
where i can find this Long war mod ?
12-22-2014, 08:49 PM,
That's the tricky part - I am afraid not may not be available any more, I am sure that quite a number of folks have been looking for that here and there for some time now. Therefore the offer is mainly for those that have it, but if you don't I may send it to you I think. The problem is that I may not have the original self-installer myself so I'll have to separate the files or something. We'll see, let me know if you're interested - it's a mod for SAW.
12-22-2014, 09:00 PM,
Ok,
i"m not really a onlinegamer but i have 2 weeks off so i could do 1 round in the evening if
it ok for you.
You can send me the files here.

[email protected]
12-23-2014, 04:20 AM,
Hello, i have found the Long war and the israelian mod, outstanding.

But something must be wrong. I can start the original Afganistanscenarios but not
Mod Scenarios.
Please help, i "d like to Play this great mods.

Micha
12-23-2014, 05:27 AM,
That is why you need to copy the original SAW game folder before you install the mod, it makes managing everything much easier and is in accordance with the license and the like. Perhaps there is a way to bypass that, but I don't know it since I have never bothered with any smart hacker tricks and just have kept SAW and is copy with the mod in two different locations not to mix everything up. I am afraid you need to reinstall that or just try to uninstall the mod first. Then let me know to set the scenario up - and believe me, there's no such thing as playing against a human opponent. I was about to drop SB for good a few years ago after a brief acquaintance, so to speak, but then I became a member here, started playing against fellow wargamers and it really did work.
12-23-2014, 07:23 AM,
I did it exactly in the way you said but getting always the message "error reading scenariofile".

The original afganistanscenarios are working well , mod Scenarios not.
I see the map but not the Units.

If anyone has an idea please let me now.
12-23-2014, 07:44 AM,
Maybe this mods working only for the 1.01 update ?
12-23-2014, 06:54 PM,
Try it, but as a rule of thumbs I keep all of my games updated with the latest patches ... Wait, I'll check since I have surely updated SAW, but doubt i did so with tLW - after all it's not SAW anymore ... Even though technically it still is so.Nay, mine is 1.02 and it works, I have that on now, works without any doubts. My pick would be that something wasn't installed properly or you're trying to start the mod with its dedicated icon which is not a separate .exe,but needs to be associated with the SAW one first or you just need to start the mod with the SAW.exe in the same game folder. Did you use dedicated installer or a self-extracting archive or a package? If the latest is the case check if the mod isn't in a separate additional folder that SAW does not have a straight access to since it isn't supposed to.
12-23-2014, 08:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 08:20 PM by Micha.)
Hello,
everything is in the rigth place, i can start the originally saw Scenarios and i see the maps in
the usermade ones but there are no Units, strange .
Can you please zip and upload your whole gamefolder SO I CAN DOWNLOAD IT.
I have purchased this game on a legal way.