• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Ribbons available!
11-30-2014, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014, 04:51 AM by Currahee.)
News  New Ribbons available!
Gents,

Compass Rose has graciously designed and made available for award on our TOAW Ladder, a number of new ribbons. Each ribbon will represent the completion of a number of scenarios, duly reported on the TOAW Ladder, played as a particular belligerent in a given theater (for now, WW II only). We are beginning with the “Soviet Campaigns” ribbon. To earn this ribbon, you need to complete (or have already completed) five scenarios as the Soviet player, win lose or draw- but no forfeit games, please! For example, if you completed Braunschweig as the Soviet, that’s one toward your five; if you completed it as the German, it doesn’t count toward the “Soviet Campaigns” ribbon, but you can count it later toward the “German Campaigns-East” ribbon, when we make that one available. After a brief shakedown, we’ll begin to add the other ribbons.
To claim the ribbon, email or private message me, listing the scenarios you completed as the Soviet player, and mentioning your Blitz handle- that’ll make it easier for me to find your results. I’ll check them out, and award the ribbon- it’s as simple as that! Don’t submit your claim until you have five…
Post any questions here, and I’ll answer.
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 12:33 AM,
RE: New Ribbons available!
That's great, I should be eligible for one with about six scenarios in the Eastern Front completed on the Soviet side, but how do I get you the dates of the reports? One of the cons of the new website design has always been for me that tracing the history of my wargaming in detail became quite difficult. Have I missed anything?
12-03-2014, 04:49 AM,
You're right! I was still thinking in terms of the old format. Just list for me the names of the scenarios, I won't have any trouble finding them.
12-03-2014, 08:42 AM,
(12-03-2014, 12:33 AM)burroughs Wrote: That's great, I should be eligible for one with about six scenarios in the Eastern Front completed on the Soviet side, but how do I get you the dates of the reports? One of the cons of the new website design has always been for me that tracing the history of my wargaming in detail became quite difficult. Have I missed anything?

Yes, there are many of us who miss that feature and we hope to have that feature back sometime in the future.

Until then, I would suggest you keep track of the Blitz email notifications you, your opponent, and the moderators, receive every time you report a finished PBEM game, to the ladder. By doing so, you can easily keep track of what you played, who you played, and the date as to when the game was reported. Smile
01-16-2015, 01:45 PM,
OK Gents, we're moving on: Next Campaign Ribbon available is German Campaigns-East. Rules same as for Soviet Campaigns, see lead post in this thread; except that to earn this one, you need to have completed five WWII east front scenarios as the German/Axis player. Notify me by message or email, naming the scenarios you've completed, so I can check them on the ladder, and award the ribbon.

Ribbons now available for award:

Soviet Campaigns
German Campaigns-East
01-16-2015, 02:59 PM,
Would that be exclusive East Front?
I have for example made the Goetterdaemmerung 1945 scenario and there besides the East Front also all others front lines a present.

And would Poland count too?
01-16-2015, 11:34 PM,
Goetterdaemmerung 1945 counts, ribbon has been awarded! Poland will be a separate ribbon, for scenarios played from the Polish side.

(01-16-2015, 02:59 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Would that be exclusive East Front?
I have for example made the Goetterdaemmerung 1945 scenario and there besides the East Front also all others front lines a present.

And would Poland count too?
01-06-2017, 11:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 11:33 AM by Currahee. Edit Reason: clarification )
OK Gents, we're moving on: Next Campaign Ribbon available is Allied Campaigns- Western Europe.  This does not include North Africa and Mediterranean (Greece, Italy, etc), there will be separate ribbons for those scenarios.  So think NW Europe- the Normandy invasion games, the larger West Front games like Europe 44 and West Front 44-45, France 40, Holland, A Bridge Too Far, Ardennes, and so on. Rules same as for Soviet Campaigns, see lead post in this thread; except that to earn this one, you need to have completed five WWII  Western European scenarios as the Allied player. Notify me by message or email, naming the scenarios you've completed, so I can check them on the ladder, and award the ribbon.

Ribbons now available for award:

Soviet Campaigns
German Campaigns-East
Allied Campaigns- Western Europe