• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Possible to set units on HOLD at scenario start ?
10-20-2014, 06:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 06:42 PM by wiggum.)
Possible to set units on HOLD at scenario start ?
Hi !

In small scenarios where you defend it would be great if it would be possible to set your units on HOLD at scenario start so they dont fire at the attacking enemy and reveal their position.

Is this possible ?
How do i do it, i mean the attacker moves first so you can not set them on HOLD before your turn...
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2014, 09:49 PM,
RE: Possible to set units on HOLD at scenario start ?
Exactly - impossible to my knowledge.

And I am not entirely certain, but I do not think that is a setup option in the scenario editor mode, either
10-20-2014, 10:33 PM,
I don't believe you can have Hold Fire as a scenario set-up option because the AI doesn't have the brains to flip it off.

Jeff might be a better source on this, being a scenario designer, but I don't think you can do it.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-21-2014, 01:32 AM,
I always thought this would be a good feature update...would be especially helpful to "order" all units to hold fire for scenarios with large numbers of units. Although having that one "jittery" gunner open fire prematurely giving away your position is realistic (I think?)
10-21-2014, 01:45 AM,
(10-21-2014, 01:32 AM)kolc Wrote: I always thought this would be a good feature update...would be especially helpful to "order" all units to hold fire for scenarios with large numbers of units. Although having that one "jittery" gunner open fire prematurely giving away your position is realistic (I think?)

Yes! I second the motion for a new hotkey to "Hold" fire for ALL units.
10-21-2014, 08:32 AM,
Yes, I agree it is a feature missing from this series that would be very helpful especially to the defender. It is hard to set and execute a trap when your units automatically fire before you have a chance to control them.
10-21-2014, 12:26 PM,
You could have them lay down their weapons, but not sure if the movement would ruin your concealment.
Send this user an email
10-22-2014, 04:00 AM,
(10-21-2014, 01:45 AM)Stejones82 Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 01:32 AM)kolc Wrote: I always thought this would be a good feature update...would be especially helpful to "order" all units to hold fire for scenarios with large numbers of units. Although having that one "jittery" gunner open fire prematurely giving away your position is realistic (I think?)

Yes! I second the motion for a new hotkey to "Hold" fire for ALL units.

There is hope for this feature as it is in Panzer Battles. It is being enhanced slightly for the first patch to Kursk.

David
10-22-2014, 10:50 PM,
The workaround going forward would be to have the defensive side start first, but that might be confusing in terms of having to figure out the victory point scoring from the defensive side...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-22-2014, 11:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014, 11:20 PM by wiggum.)
A very simple workaround could be the use of a new optional rule.
"Hold fire on first turn"

This rule would only affect the defending side (AI or Human) and dont allow any opportunity fire from defending side units during the first turn of the attacker. Should be quiet easy to include.