• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Panzer Battles game incoming ?
10-18-2014, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 10:33 PM by wiggum.)
New Panzer Battles game incoming ?
Hi !
I just watched a interview with John Tiller on youtube where he spoke about future games currently in developing. He said there was a new PB game coming out soon with a focus on the West Front.
Is it Normandy or France '40 (that would be extreme awesome) ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFfqWNYS4_Y

Those anyone know more about this ?
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2014, 10:56 AM,
RE: New Panzer Battles game incoming ?
(10-18-2014, 10:28 PM)wiggum Wrote: Hi !
I just watched a interview with John Tiller on youtube where he spoke about future games currently in developing. He said there was a new PB game coming out soon with a focus on the West Front.
Is it Normandy or France '40 (that would be extreme awesome) ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFfqWNYS4_Y

Those anyone know more about this ?

There is some info scattered across a few threads in this forum (Question to the Developer & Patch?).

The team are hard at work on both the patch and the latest game. At this very moment we have a minor road bump on the new game where we have stopped testing while we upgrade some of the order of battle. This is proving to be a bigger job than expected and has probably blown out by at a few months or more. That said, the OB will be very accurate, but that requires going back and looking over the thirty odd scenarios that have already been done. Trust me, the team are pressing me to get this stage done as quickly as possible.

As far as the Kursk patch, we are still testing scenarios to ensure they are balanced from a PBEM perspective. This is a huge job and we will probably see the most popular scenarios adjusted for the first patch & the rest for the planned second patch - just to ensure a timely release. We are getting a real good feel for some of the areas of most question (tank vs tank warfare, entrenchments etc) that we are confident we are on the right path.

Finally as far as setting for the second game, it is West Front and there are British, French, Dutch and Belgian troops involved....

David
10-19-2014, 08:41 PM,
Thanks for the info.

Ummm strange selection of nations... i think we are going to see a new game of the "WWII Bermudas triangle" Normandy-Market Garden-Bulge but with Belgian troops... could be Normandy or Market garden... but i doubt about 2nd.

Some extra months is nothing... WaitingWaiting2

Lets see
10-19-2014, 10:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 10:03 PM by wiggum.)
Thumbs_Up  RE: New Panzer Battles game incoming ?
Thanks for the info !
With Dutch and Belgian troops involved, this has to be the german invasion of france and the low countries May 1940...if thats the case i am already hovering over the BUY NOW button !! Helmet Smile
10-20-2014, 01:33 AM,
Actually, I believe the Battle of Bulge included all the forces listed by David also. That is from memory of the old Wacht Am Rhein board game that I still have around my house somewhere, but haven't looked at in 20+ years.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-20-2014, 02:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 02:45 AM by wiggum.)
That may be true but the French and especially the Dutch (did they play any at all) and Belgian forces played a very minor role in the Battle of Bulge the. It would made much more sense if he had said something about US, French and Canadian troops.
10-20-2014, 06:56 AM,
Yes, and if David was wanting to tell us the game's subject without us working for it, he would just do it, I bet!! On the face of it, I agree it would be France '40, but I am always looking for other matches too. Now I will say I can't find anything about a unit from the Netherlands at the Bulge, so maybe that is unlikely - there were the other nations that David mentioned for sure and it could be the Dutch force was quite small if there was one.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-20-2014, 07:25 AM,
I just hope its France '40, the Bulge-Normandy-Market Garden stuff was already done so many times.
The early war years (1936-1941) are my favorite time period.
So many great scenarios that are rarely visited by wargamers:
- Spanish Civil War
- Japanese invasion of China
- Poland 1939
- Norway 1940
- France/Lowlands 1940
10-21-2014, 04:10 AM,
Well, i think Spanish Civil war is better for a PzC scale game... maybe using the WWI engine but with some armor and airsupport.

Talking about japanese... i am waiting the PzC title covering the Pacific... the fanatic rule and the image of a japanese unit in PzC manual are waiting BUT maybe PzB engine is much better to cover the smaller actions in the Pacific... Guadalcanal for example or move down the scope to cover the japanese blitzkrieg in early year of war.

France40 is a good option to, lets see.
10-21-2014, 05:57 AM,
My 2 Cents  RE: New Panzer Battles game incoming ?
I'd like to see North Africa.....