• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 14
10-12-2014, 10:45 PM,
Help  France 14
I have just start playing France 14, and am finding it rather hard to use. One major difficulty is finding the HQ for various units. Is there a way to find a unit's HQ, or do you have to look at the unit's chain of command, determine the HQ, then hunt for that HQ on the map? Surely there is an easier way that I am missing.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2014, 04:32 AM,
RE: France 14
Top taskbar,
click view,
select Highlight from the list,
in the dialog box, select Headquarters.

Hope this helps.
10-13-2014, 05:31 AM,
Thanks for the response.

I tried this, but it highlights all the HQs. Then you need to sift through all of them looking for the right one.

Is there any other way that is easier?
10-13-2014, 05:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 05:03 PM by Lowlander.)
Again,
Top taskbar,
click view,
click Find Unit,
type in a ID,
Example, HQ 17 or HQ XVII,
a list of units will appear, select what you are looking for from the list.

Also if you right click and hold a units info box you will see that units organization.
10-13-2014, 09:06 AM,
I'll give it a try.

But is there no easy way, like a button to click to move up the chain of command? Or a highlighting of the chain of command to the top?
10-13-2014, 12:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM by Ricky B.)
The hotkeys are listed in the Main Program Help File, which may help with other questions.

For this specific question, I would suggest highlighting the unit you want to find the HQ for, and selecting Alt-O which highlights all units that fall under the next level above that unit, which should include that unit's HQ. It would then take a bit of searching for the HQ among the highlighted units, but it isn't too hard - I would hope that anything above the Brigade HQs are few enough in number that you can remember about where you left them.

And I think you can keep using Alt-O until you get to the very top and have everything highlighted.

Sorry but no other suggestions than that.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-13-2014, 01:31 PM,
I use the 2d zoom out view to find the Corps and Army level HQs... I also altered the 2dSymbolsSm file so the HQs stand out better...
10-14-2014, 10:04 AM,
Thanks, guys. I'll give it a try.