• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another v2.02 question
10-04-2014, 02:12 AM,
Another v2.02 question
Okay Gents
Here is the scenario.....
I reinstalled my game, updated to 2.02, and installed Forgotten Battles. Everything for me now works perfectly fine.
I called up an old opponent of mine and we started a pbem. He also updated to v2.02. We are playing a custom WF scenario, no issues.
The problem arises with Forgotten Battles. He seems to have the mod but it won't install. We sent numerous screenshots back and forth, with me showing him how I did the install. I contacted another PC savvy veteran and we chatted about this as well. It should work, so it leaves us kind of baffled. I am thinking that my opponent has to reinstall the game and update like I did. I think he may have updated over an old installation ? Could this be the problem ? Just as a note, I am posting this for my opponent, as English is a second language.
Thoughts and thanks
Cam
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2014, 03:18 AM,
RE: Another v2.02 question
(10-04-2014, 02:12 AM)Cam Wrote: Okay Gents
Here is the scenario.....
I reinstalled my game, updated to 2.02, and installed Forgotten Battles. Everything for me now works perfectly fine.
I called up an old opponent of mine and we started a pbem. He also updated to v2.02. We are playing a custom WF scenario, no issues.
The problem arises with Forgotten Battles. He seems to have the mod but it won't install. We sent numerous screenshots back and forth, with me showing him how I did the install. I contacted another PC savvy veteran and we chatted about this as well. It should work, so it leaves us kind of baffled. I am thinking that my opponent has to reinstall the game and update like I did. I think he may have updated over an old installation ? Could this be the problem ? Just as a note, I am posting this for my opponent, as English is a second language.
Thoughts and thanks
Cam

Sorry Cam, please be more specific. What is the issue? Game won't launch? JSGME won't launch? JSGME launches but does not show any mods? Game with Forgotten Battles won't launch?

Did he have a previous version of Campaign Series in his PC, did that work?

Happy to help once I understand what is going (or not going) on Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-04-2014, 05:01 AM,
Thanks !
JSGME launches, he can get to the screen to add mods, but that's it. It's like the add mod screen is frozen. He cannot transfer the mods from the left side of the screen to the right side
It's quite strange. Btw, it's for Panzerjaeger :)
Hope that helps. Wish I would have kept a screenshot in my email, I could ask for another one
Thanks for the assistance
10-04-2014, 06:24 AM,
Well that's strange indeed. Never had any issues with JSGME and I have used it with tens of different game installs?

If he's not succeeded in his install yet he could try to delete the JSGME ini file located in the same directory. I am not at home today and can't remember the name of the ini file but it should be quite obvious.

Or rather, rename it or move it to a back up location from there. Then launch JSGME again to see if it makes a difference?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-04-2014, 11:09 AM,
Yes indeed very strange ! Will give that a try.
Thanks again and have a good weekend
Cam
10-05-2014, 12:36 AM,
Hello Friends,

Okay, here is my problem. I hope the translation is understandable.
I have the 2.0 patch installed on the patch 1:04. everything works.
Now I have installed 2.0.2 over 2.0 and unpacked as an administrator. This works, but I see no change to 2.0. Cam sent me pictures how do I access the Forgotten battles .I have found JSGME and the Mods of
move left to right. But how do we proceed? If her know an answer, please send a short, understandable sentences.

Sorry for this english !!!!!

Peter/ Panzerjäger
Send this user an email
10-05-2014, 12:08 PM,
Hallo Peter,

In the left side, with JSGME open, left click on Forgotten Battles, hold down the button, drag over to right side, and let it go, it should load it, then exit JSGME, then play!

BTW, your English is very good!!;-)
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-05-2014, 06:57 PM,
Just up there, I'm coming too, but how and where it goes, the more one
Forgotten battle to start ..... ???

Peter
Send this user an email
10-06-2014, 12:28 AM,
(10-05-2014, 06:57 PM)Panzerjäger Wrote: Just up there, I'm coming too, but how and where it goes, the more one
Forgotten battle to start ..... ???

Peter

Peter,

- First have the Forgotten Battles moved to right side with JSGME
- Then, exit JSGME
- Then, start up JTCS as usual. The added units will be there.
- Then you would play any scenario just as usual.
- If you would need a new scenario, you go to Blitz Scenario DB and get the files from there.

Is this what you are asking?
Visit us at CSLegion.com