• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent wanted for WWIII - CLOSED
10-03-2014, 04:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 02:28 AM by tbridges.)
Opponent Needed  Opponent wanted for WWIII - CLOSED
I'm looking for an opponent to play NATO in Zemke's (aka Patrick Foor) WWIII mod for DF'85. This mod is a full campaign scenario of a possible war in Europe staring June 5, 1987. The year 1987 was selected because this is considered by many defense experts as the first year that NATO had a real chance defeating a Warsaw Pact (WP) attack without resorting to tactical nuclear weapons.

This is a huge game, gents. You'll need to be experienced and have great staying power. I have attached the designers notes so you can see how the mod was constructed.

Anyone up for a major challenge? Mortar

Tom

Attached Files
.doc   World_War_III Notes.doc (Size: 137 KB / Downloads: 40)
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2014, 08:00 PM,
RE: Opponent wanted for WWIII
Tom,

What version do you have?

Bests
10-04-2014, 12:29 AM,
(10-03-2014, 08:00 PM)Indragnir Wrote: Tom,

Bests

Hey C...I have versions 1.5 and 1.6. As far as I know, 1.6 is the most current version. Patrick hasn't been around for quite a while and I don't think he ever finished working on v1.7 although I'd be happy to play it if anyone has it.
10-04-2014, 01:57 AM,
(10-04-2014, 12:29 AM)tbridges Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 08:00 PM)Indragnir Wrote: Tom,

Bests

Hey C...I have versions 1.5 and 1.6. As far as I know, 1.6 is the most current version. Patrick hasn't been around for quite a while and I don't think he ever finished working on v1.7 although I'd be happy to play it if anyone has it.

1.6 was the last one Pat finished before heading off to the Middle East.
Good scenario. Unfortunately my game time is filled right now. I recommend team play since its SO big.
10-04-2014, 03:30 AM,
[/quote]
1.6 was the last one Pat finished before heading off to the Middle East.
Good scenario. Unfortunately my game time is filled right now. I recommend team play since its SO big.
[/quote]

Hey Bob...you're right, this thing is really huge. But team games move so slow and seem to take so long to play, not to mention the challenges of holding a team together over a long game...

I think I'd like to play this one solo for a change, at a nice relaxed pace of one or maybe two turns a week.Mex Big Grin
10-05-2014, 01:41 AM,
I was working with Pat over 1.65. I long lost contact with Pat so I was wondering if he did continue his work.

1.65 is playable right now. Maybe missing some art here and there but little. Unfortunately I think I don't own 1.65 changes log. I can do some searches in my old Hard Drive.

I can send you files on Monday. I can play this monster solo in a relaxed way, some weeks faster some weeks slower.

We should discuss house rules, IIRC Pat stated about contiguous FASCAM, non landed helo units over roads, bridges (nor landed helo vehicles)... do you think anything else?

Let me know.

Bests
Cesar
10-05-2014, 01:55 AM,
(10-05-2014, 01:41 AM)Indragnir Wrote: I was working with Pat over 1.65. I long lost contact with Pat so I was wondering if he did continue his work.

1.65 is playable right now. Maybe missing some art here and there but little. Unfortunately I think I don't own 1.65 changes log. I can do some searches in my old Hard Drive.

I can send you files on Monday. I can play this monster solo in a relaxed way, some weeks faster some weeks slower.

We should discuss house rules, IIRC Pat stated about contiguous FASCAM, non landed helo units over roads, bridges (nor landed helo vehicles)... do you think anything else?

Let me know.

Bests
Cesar

Sounds great Cesar! Lets switch this to email. I'm tbridges at outlook dot com
10-11-2014, 11:58 PM,
RE: Opponent wanted for WWIII - CLOSED
(10-05-2014, 01:55 AM)tbridges Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 01:41 AM)Indragnir Wrote: I was working with Pat over 1.65. I long lost contact with Pat so I was wondering if he did continue his work.

Let me know.

Bests
Cesar

Sounds great Cesar! Lets switch this to email. I'm tbridges at outlook dot com

Hi Cesar,
where I can find this scenario.
Giorgio